"Have You Ever Seen Paper??" Update 3.3 now ready for testing!
Posted by: Dave on steam_community_announcements June 4, 2020
We're pleased to announce that we have another update ready to test for you all. This update iterates on the research system.
We've made research a more active process. Instead of having to collect research points, you will now have to collect books. These books will need to be researched in a brand new building, the research station!
We invite you all to test this update and find any issues before we upload it to the main branch.
When bugs occur, provide as much information as possible to help us resolve these faster!
Read here how to submit and track the current bugs in the game.
This patch is still in development and can be tested on the experimental branch to give feedback.
This is how you can enable the experimental branch of Flotsam. This will only work when you're not in a game:
1. Open Steam Library
2. Right click Flotsam
3. Select Properties
4. Go to tab 'Betas' at the top.
5. Select 'Experimental' in the drop-down.
Enjoy the new update!
- Added construction:
* Research Station: A place to process and read all your acquired books. (Art WIP)
- Added item:
* Book: These old books contain old knowledge that might give you ideas for new buildings.
- Iterated on research:
* Research now requires a building, the research station, to research in.
* Research has now become an active process that requires drifters and time.
* Researching requires books, which need to be stored in the town (these can be found on certain landmarks).
- Overhauled the research UI:
* Added more information to that buildings you are researching. This includes things like available recipes, storage capacity, housing slots, etc.
* Whenever research is done, a notification is added telling you something new is researched.
* Reworked window to be bigger and more prominent.
* Updated art assets.
Other Flotsam News
Hotfix 0.3.4p3 Released August 14, 2020
Hotfix 0.3.4p2 Released August 11, 2020
Hotfix 0.3.4p1 Released August 10, 2020
Update 3.4: "Quality of Life v2" Now Released! July 23, 2020
Update 3.4: "Quality of Life v2" now ready for testing! July 10, 2020
"Have You Ever Seen Paper??" Update 3.3 Released June 29, 2020
Gull-Friend Update 3.2 Released June 3, 2020
Hotfix 0.3.1p3 Released May 31, 2020
Hotfix 0.3.1p2 Released May 26, 2020
The floating garbage town survival game! Scavenge what precious garbage you can from the ocean's surface and grow your city while doing your best to survive in this colorful post-apocalyptic world.
Developer: Pajama Llama Games