Alpha Patch 1.5.8
Posted by: Slimwaffle on steam_community_announcements February 28, 2020
Hello beautiful people
Alpha build 1.5.8 is now live. There are a few areas that were focused on for this one. Multi-language support is now implemented. Performance was another focus point. And adding small amounts of polish to a lot of different areas was another point of focus.
For this patch, I was able to get the game running a lot better and using a reduced amount of resources. As a result, I was able to lower the minimum requirements for the game. Also install size was reduced significantly.
I reached out to get some help from some other developers on the performance stuff in the shape of different ideas to try and would like to give a shout out to; Matt, Pat, High five, James and Matt W.
Some notes for this patch; old saves won’t work. It is recommended that people play either using Vsync or frame capping (It uses less GPU).
Let’s jump into the patch notes.
• 15 languages are now supported (English, Arabic -World, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Czech, Danish -Denmark, French – France, German – Germany, Greek – Greece, Italian – Italy, Japanese – Japan, Portuguese – Portugal, Russian – Russia, Spanish – Spain, Swedish – Sweden) – This feature required re-writing every single script the game uses.
• Cleaner GUI
• Performance increase (increased by 100 FPS)
• Rednecks open doors
• Can now rotate doors when crafting
• Day/Night system re-written
• New engine version
• All the foliage has been remade
• All in game textures have been remade
• Smelting iron takes less time
• Bush ambient sounds gone and replaced with a custom ambient music player (The music player will select ambient music randomly from a daytime and night-time play list)
• Lowered footstep volume
• Replaced the hurt sound effects
• Fixed the trader code
• Fixed loot spawning code
• Fixed save and load code for cash
• Improved fast travel code
• Changed menu audio to now play ambient music
• Fixed death bag spawn code bug
• Fixed a bug with changing resolution not working
• Replaced all wood build parts
• Fixed all wood to stone upgrades
• Fixed campfire infinite stack bug
• Campfire now has 5 convert slots
• Fixed volume controls not saving and loading
• Adjusted map code
• Adjusted way-point code
• Replaced the map texture
• Plot poles removed from game
• Beds now also act as fast travel
• Fixed chase range for predatory animals (they don’t chase you endlessly now)
• Fixed AI loot drops (loot will only drop now if the player kills the AI and will no longer spawn if the AI was killed by another AI)
• Melee weapons now have a wider hit detection radius
• Reduced the poly count of every single mesh used
• Added distance fog
• Changed level streaming to improve performance
• Re-wrote every script that used event tick to reduce on frame use.
• Reduced the install size to 3gb
• Trees now fall over after being harvested
• Rocks now crumble after being harvested
• Fixed a bug with exiting the game
• Greatly reduced the minimum requirements to; CPU- Intel (R) Core (TM)2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHZ 2.67GHZ, RAM – 4gb, GPU – Nvidia GT1030 2gb
Other Outback Survival News
Mini Fix January 27, 2020
Bag fix mini patch January 26, 2020
1.5.7 Mini Fix January 24, 2020
Update 1.5.7 (Australia Day Patch) January 23, 2020
Free to Play Weekend / Sale November 27, 2019
Patch 1.5.6 November 26, 2019
Update 1.5.5 November 14, 2019
Update 1.5.4 October 29, 2019
Update 1.5.3 October 18, 2019
Mini Patch 11/10/2019 October 11, 2019
Welcome to Australia. Build, Craft, Hunt, Fight. Do whatever it takes to survive. Outback Survival is a single-player Survival experience set in an Australian landscape, that doesn't use zombies and puts as much control as possible into the player's hands.