Posted by: Slimwaffle on steam_community_announcements November 14, 2019
This update mainly focused on creating a new dynamic weather system for the game and improving the First person experience.
The weather system is designed so that every single day in game should be unique. Even if you have the same weather event as a previous day (e.g lightly cloudy) there should be subtle differences between the two days.
- Stage 1 of the new Dynamic Weather System Implemented.
- Fixed a bug with exp and max exp not saving
- Fixed a few AI bugs
- Increased the distance at which towns will load in and unload out
- Trees and rocks will no longer re-spawn (This is to encourage exploration)
- All Ai sounds fixed (Now Ai will use sounds within the 3d environment instead of playing on the UI. This means you will be able to locate them better by using just sound)
- Fixed an issue where to many AI would spawn in when loading back into the game
- Fixed Furnace not placing on dirt
- Behind the scenes improvements where added to reduce the amount of RAM being used while playing the game
- All weapons and weapon cameras have been tweaked and re-aligned to improve the player's experience when using first person view.
Other Outback Survival News
Outback Survival - 24 hours ago
Due to player feedback to the 1.5.7 patch, the toon shader option will be offered as something that players can choose for themselves. This feature can be adjusted at any time in the advanced settings section of the main menu. I also added some bug fixes also from player feedback.
Update 1.5.5 November 14, 2019
Update 1.5.4 October 29, 2019
Update 1.5.3 October 18, 2019
Mini Patch 11/10/2019 October 11, 2019
Update 1.5.2 October 10, 2019
90% Sale September 30, 2019
Mini Patch September 29, 2019
Mini Patch FPS Fix September 27, 2019
Alpha Patch 1.5.1 September 26, 2019
Alpha Patch 1.5 September 19, 2019
Welcome to Australia. Build, Craft, Hunt, Fight. Do whatever it takes to survive. Outback Survival is a single-player Survival experience set in an Australian landscape, that doesn't use zombies.