Posted by: Sven on steam_community_announcements October 24, 2019
(Original Post: http://forums.fredaikis.com/index.php?/topic/8430-patch-239/)
A new patch! This patch is mostly aimed to implement the content and preparations for the Halloween 2019 event. Next to that we have added a taunt system, we have done some fixes here and there and we have added some further new content. Overall not a huge patch but needed for the Halloween 2019 event.
For those wondering about the Halloween 2019 event; we have planned to release a final announcement including all information about the event later today / tomorrow. The Halloween 2019 event will start tomorrow at 12:00 PM (CEST).
NOTE: Since we added the taunt system your key binds mind have been resetted. This is caused because of the new mapping we did to use a taunt. By default to use a taunt you have to press "p".
Now, let's jump into the patch notes.
- Added content for the new Halloween 2019 event week that is coming soon. Most reason for the patch here is because of this and everything we patched in / all the events we have planned will follow in a later Halloween 2019 announcement. Halloween secret spots have been added to the maps and a new Halloween trading lounge will be available. For more info stay tuned for the official announcement.
- Added the name of the character part when selecting different character parts in the customize character screen.
- Fixed a server crash related to the super zombie it tried to attack / find a bear trap or a claymore.
- Fixed a crash related to airdrops and called airdrops from players.
- Fixed a bug causing backpacks to be ignored when loading loadouts.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes friends would show as level 0.
- Fixed a bug not correctly displaying a friend's level in the invite to party screen.
- Fixed some stair cases where you heard sand while walking on them.
NEW CHAT SYSTEM:
- Reworked the entire chat system for better functionality. Switching between chat channels can now be done by pressing the 'TAB' key. This will also allow you to reply to any private messages, for example; if you haven't received any private messages you'll only have the: "global" and "proximity" chat channels but let's say you receive a chat message from player "Henk" you will then also get the channel option "Henk" to reply to.
- Players can now also scroll through the chat. You can do this by opening the chat, hover your mouse on top of it, and then scroll.
- Added the taunt system. Taunts will be available through the in-game marketplace.
Current taunts that we will release soon are as following (total of 8 ):
- Improved the vehicle hit registration for zombies.
- Placing a vehicle will now adjust the vehicle to the floor / terrain below.
Item & Skin Updates:
- Fixed a material / texture issue related to the Light Sword Curved Rainbow skin.
- Fixed an issue related to the new (unreleased) M249-E3 para where the forward grip was able to be attached.
- Fixed an issue related to the Mauser SP66 Modern Black and the Mauser SP66 Fun Edition skins.
- Increased the spread for the new (unreleased) M249-E3 para. Spread was a bit too low.
- Older Halloween skins now have the year added in their names. This to remember players what year that Halloween skin was from.
- Added a new light sword skin for the Tactical Knife: Light Sword Short Red.
- Added a new light sword skin for the Tactical Knife: Light Sword Short Blue.
- Added a new light sword skin for the Tactical Knife: Light Sword Short Green.
- Added a new light sword skin for the Tactical Knife: Light Sword Short Yellow.
- Added a new light sword skin for the Tactical Knife: Light Sword Short White.
- Added a new light sword skin for the Tactical Knife: Light Sword Short Rainbow.
- Added a new light sword skin for the Tactical Knife: Light Sword Short Purple.
- Added a new light sword skin for the Tactical Knife: Light Sword Short Pink.
Please note that skins / items added might not be released / available instantly. Please keep an eye out on our social media channels where further announcements will follow when a new item or skin is being released.
- Reworked the store icon for the Pitch Fork.
- Reworked the store icon for the Excessive Force.
- Reworked the store icon for the UZI and it's skins.
- Reworked the store icon for the Anaconda and it's skins.
Building System (BETA):
- Timed Explosive doesn't explode anymore when shot. It can still be destroyed if shot, as it has health.
Battle Royale Updates:
- Fixed the flying rocks all over the map.
- Increased the terrain tile quality because of a glitch where some players weren't able to shoot other players which were behind these parts.
Estimated patch size: ~250-300 mb.
Patch ETA: Patch is rolling out as we speak.
Estimated downtime: around 30 minutes to max. 1 hour.
Pre-patch notes might be changed if we need to fix / add something.
Once again thank you for your great support! Want to support us even more? Make sure to share these patch notes with your friends and followers!
For any feedback about the game or this patch please let us know at http://playnewz.com/feedback
If you'd like to share suggestions and ideas you have for the game please let us know at: https://suggest.playnewz.com/
To stay updated regarding the patch and server downtime please follow us on our social media:
Other Infestation: The New Z News
Weekend Event February 7, 2020
Weekend Event January 31, 2020
Weekend Event January 24, 2020
Weekend Event! January 17, 2020
Patch 2.42 January 15, 2020
Weekend Event January 10, 2020
Christmas 2019 December 20, 2019
Patch 2.41 December 19, 2019
Season Pass 02 December 18, 2019
Weekend Event December 13, 2019
The New Z is a FREE TO PLAY multi-game mode experience. Play BATTLE ROYALE and be the last man standing to win. SURVIVE with friends and gather loot, stash and trade. Go into wars against other groups in a massive OPEN WORLD or face them 5 v 5 in COMPETITIVE.
Developer: Fredaikis AB
Publisher: OP Productions LLC