Tons of new information - gameplay, mechanics and story!
Posted by: jglowacki on steam_community_announcements August 12, 2019
Hello, everyone! How has summer been treating you so far?
Here at Draw Distance, we’re longingly staring at the blue skies outside our windows as we’re entering the final phases of development of Vampire: The Masquerade – Coteries of New York, our upcoming narrative-focused, fully licensed game set in the globally renowned universe of Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition.
As time passes, we unveil more and more information about Coteries of New York. In our last press release, published by many media outlets around the world, we shared tons of data regarding the gameplay, mechanics and story.
Here’s the tl;dr list of key information we shared about Coteries of New York:
- Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York presents the conflict between two vampiric factions: the traditionalist Camarilla and the fiercely independent Anarchs in New York
- It's a unique, atmospheric, single-player narrative experience, set in the rich, fully-licensed, globally-recognized universe of Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition.
- Coteries of New York present players with choices that matter, aiming to deliver a dark, atmospheric, and emotional narration mixed with morally challenging dilemmas, and many potential paths leading to the story’s finale.
- We plan to include significant branching and reactivity, so that the players feel their decisions influence the world around them and encourage multiple playthroughs for those invested in the world and story of Coteries of New York.
- You are a newly-fledged vampire in New York. You must learn what it means to be one of the Kindred in a huge, vibrant, contemporary metropolis.
- You will make choices for your character, including which storylines to pursue and how to approach the different situations presented. You will be presented with branching dialogue choices, memorable characters - all among iconic locales of New York City. You’ll be able to use Disciplines appropriate to your clan to charm, sneak, intimidate or kill, and your choices will determine your path.
- You’ll build your Coterie and learn your undead companions’ deepest secrets… or see them abandon you.
- Although you start off as part of the authoritarian vampire sect called the Camarilla, you soon learn that other factions exist - chief among them, the independent Anarchs. Your paths will inevitably cross theirs, but whether you choose to shun them, or try to learn more about what they represent, will be your decision.
- While the game is primarily text-driven and story oriented, several mechanics reflect the dark truths of being one of the Kindred.
- Hunger is used to indicate the constant need for blood that vampires must deal with nightly. Characters have the opportunity to hunt for blood during quests. Ignoring this need leads to warnings in the game’s fiction, and if disregarded for too long, to consequences that include succumbing to the Beast
- Humanity is a measure of how moral and rooted in humanistic principles the character is. This rating is used by the game to modify the results of choices in quests, offer additional story choices, or even lock certain choices out.
- Finally, the Masquerade rating tracks how well the character blends in with mortal society. Staying inconspicuous and hidden from prying eyes is even more important for vampires than ever, due to the existence of the so-called Second Inquisition, a clandestine hunt for vampires concealed within global government agencies. Secrecy and not flaunting your supernatural powers in the sight of mortals is of utmost importance.
That’s all the information we’ve prepared for today. In the upcoming updates we will unveil more about the characters, Clans, Disciplines and different types of quests!
Oh, and by the way, check out the game's main page on Steam - you'll find four brand new pre-alpha screenshots there!
We're hope you're pleased with the amount and weight of the information we provided. Stay tuned, as we're preparing to share our first gameplay trailer with you soon!
Jacek @ Draw Distance team
Other Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York News
Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York - April 9, 2020
We have made a promise, that we will keep supporting Vampire: The Masquerade: Coteries of New York in the upcoming months and we intend to keep this promise. We're constantly releasing new patches and bug fixes, adding extra collector's content, working on further improvements and language versions.
Wot I Think: Vampire: The Masquerade Coteries of New York January 7, 2020
VtM: Coteries of New York version 1.0.04 update December 18, 2019
Vampire: The Masquerade Coteries of New York review December 13, 2019
VtM - Coteries of New York - a huge thank you after the launch December 12, 2019
Coteries of New York - several bug fixes! December 12, 2019
Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York IS LIVE! December 11, 2019
Vampire: The Masquerade Coteries of New York has been delayed December 1, 2019
Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York is a narrative experience set in the rich universe of Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition. It presents the struggle for power between two vampiric factions - the Camarilla and the Anarchs - bathed in the night lights of the Big Apple.
Developer: Draw Distance
Publisher: Draw Distance