Version 4.752 Beta release
Posted by: Whirligig on steam_community_announcements July 11, 2019
So here we go, another beta. A few things have gone on here. Firstly we have index controller support, then a load of bug fixes, also an update to the image loading code which improves the speed of image loading and doesn't interrupt the VR and a load of bug fixes.
This beta is going to lead onto a default build. This is for a couple of reasons, firstly because I need to release index controller support and secondly I need to release updates to the default build more regularly. So below is more detailed list of updates
- Updated Unity3D
- Improved fidelity of main menu.
- Index controller support.
- Double tap of skip forward/backward fixed.
- corrected reversed backwards/forwards on position panel.
- Added memory of previous FOV when going through projection options.
- Fixed scrolling on input menu.
- Fixed some spelling mistakes.
- Fixed double click issue when going from next previous media.
- Fixed tilt up not moving smoothly on hotkeys.
- Replaces all the texture loads with a different method which improves load times and removes pauses in VR.
There's likely to be other things I've done but that's the ones I can remember for now :)
So that’s all the updates I can remember. This is going to default soon as the release of the Index means I need to support the controllers in the main build.
As always bug reports, questions and feature requests are always welcome. I hope you like this update and I hope it improves your experience.
Until next time
Keep watching :)
Other Whirligig VR Media Player News
Version 4.7 Default release January 26, 2019
Version 4.671 Update January 14, 2019
Whirligig 4.64 beta release October 16, 2018
Whirligig 4.63 beta release September 15, 2018
Whirligig beta 4.51 release and it's a biggy :) May 14, 2018
New version 4.2 Beta release new features, new fixes March 8, 2018
New version 4.19 Beta release for 2018 January 23, 2018
New version 4.17 Beta release for 2018 January 8, 2018
Whirligig is a VR media player for the playback and viewing of video files and images. It support a wide range of projection types, render paths and has many other features to make your experience as enjoyable as possible.
Developer: Philip Day
Publisher: Philip Day