New Update Live!
Posted by: CCP Alpha on steam_community_announcements July 9, 2019
Please welcome Sparc - Championship Update
Today we are pleased to announce a new free update to our popular vSport game - Sparc.
You are free to join and discuss the new update on our official discord:
The update includes the following features:
New Online Modes
- Quick Play - This is the fastest way to get into the action with other players. Select the desired game mode (Basic or Advanced) and join through Quick Play, Public Custom Game or Create Your Own Game (to which other Quick Play players can join).
- Custom Games - Browse a list of available games or choose to create a custom game with the desired game mode and privacy settings. Optional password settings are provided for both players and spectators.
- Ranked - Compete in a cross-platform competitive mode using the Advanced rules.
- The ranked queue gathers players and launches a new wave of competitive matches every 10 minutes. This wave-based approach is designed to provide the best matchmaking experience possible. Waves start at regular intervals so players can plan around the queue time and access the largest pool of participants.
- Matchmaking uses a player’s recent record to determine whether they need to be "punching up" or "punching down". Players moving up the ladder will be matched against more difficult opponents if possible.
- Rank is defined as a tier (Legend, Diamond, Gold, Silver, Bronze) and a percentile Position (1-100) within that tier. The Legend tier only contains the top 10 players in the world.
- Players are Unranked until completing their first 10 ranked games, after which their current ranking is displayed.
- The Leaderboard is visible on the Ranked Play Online screen, which will display the Top 10 Legend ranked players.
- At the end of a ranked game, players will be shown their pre- and post- game rankings.
- Custom games can be joined as a headless spectator that will not occupy a player slot and is invisible to both players and other spectators. Players can cycle through preset camera locations to view the action or free-fly using their controllers to propel themselves around the arena.
- The number of spectators viewing a game will be visible on the in-game scoreboard.
- Spectators do not have voice communication privileges and will neither hear or transmit what's being said by players or other spectators.
Other Sparc News
Alternate Launch Option for Steam and Spectator Option November 17, 2017
Welcome to Sparc! November 16, 2017
Now Available on Steam - Sparc November 16, 2017
Sparc is a vSport - a unique physical sport only possible in virtual reality, where players challenge each other in fast-paced, full-body VR gameplay.