Patch #2 - Live Now!
Posted by: Jonno on steam_community_announcements June 20, 2019
Patch #2 is now live!
The most significant addition in this patch is the leaning mechanic! Players will now be able to lean around cover to observe or engage in combat whilst leaving less of them on show.
We just want to say thank you for sharing your thoughts with us on leaning, on this occasion it allowed us to bring the mechanic’s implementation forward and get it live!
Full patch notes that include weapon tweaks, quality of live improvements and more can be found below:
- Leaning implemented (using Q and E). We will look at continued polish to this pending community feedback.
- Maximum round length decreased from 120 minutes to 90 minutes. We are testing this as we currently find the final 30 minutes on an attrition battle highly fatiguing.
- Aim can be steadied for all guns using left shift to better reward patience.
- Projectile spread pattern changed for sniper rifles when un-scoped.
- Tank coaxial and hull MGs have been limited to lower belt sizes (1000 to 250) in order to cut down on endless barrel-melting fire and to incentivise discretionary fire.
- Assault class has additional grenades to make them more suited to a breaching/CQB role.
- Suppression camera shake has increased violence to better match release-style.
- Kar 98k bolt speed adjusted to remove frustrating delay.
- Springfield bolt speed adjusted to remove frustrating delay.
- LMG (M1919/MG42) one hit kill range increased and damage fall-off reduced.
- Medic loadout updated to mirror layout across both teams.
- Commander loadout updated to include smoke grenades.
- Bleeding icon for players within 100m added for medic.
- Profanity filter added to text chat (English only at present).
- Additional optimisations to save on VRAM usage on some graphical settings.
- Particle FX Optimisation in Foy.
- Map retains zoom level from when last closed.
- Toggle sprint option added.
- Ambient cornering and momentum lean on player movement (this makes all sprinting look far more natural when a player is changing direction at range).
- New STG44 animations to make firing less “floppy” and more satisfying when firing while ADS.
- Changed crouch sprint speed for M1 Carbine to stop the “super fast running” in TPP.
- Fixed an instance of ‘snaking’ (where a player appears to be prone and moving at run speed).
- Fixed issue where artillery sometimes could not be rotated.
- Fixed issue where supply drop was sometimes out of sync with plane.
- Bloom change for tank crew so the viewports don’t become super bright in Foy.
- Fixed issue where artillery could be invisible for some players.
- Weapon hip DoF implemented to soften shapes near camera and to better blend lean (where geometry is very close to camera).
- Map rotation added to RCon tool.
- Audio changes to tank coaxial machine-gun.
- Changes to collision for tanks in Foy to help alleviate snagging on fences and small props.
- There may be some remaining snaking that we will pinpoint and isolate.
- Some props and fences in Hurtgen and Sainte-Marie-Du-Mont are still impassable to tanks. We will be addressing this in Update 1.
Currently working on (non-exhaustive list, we just want to give you some idea)
- Making vaulting more responsive, fluid and polished.
- Making MG deployment more responsive, fluid and polished.
- Additional RCON commands.
- Unit management functions (kick/invite and lock).
- Diving (performed by proning while sprinting).
- Bullet penetration.
- Map balancing (addition of cover and other features in locations that are either boring or creating a tedious gameplay experience).
- More maps.
- Continuing HUD and UI updates.
- Broader animation systems.
- Tweaking gunplay.
- Updating all audio and SFX.
Following today's patch the team are now preparing for 'Update 1' coming in mid-July! Over the coming weeks we'll be starting to reveal more about the new content you'll be getting to grips with, so watch this space...
If you’re keen to follow along, you can see our roadmap below:
If you’re enjoying Hell Let Loose, you can help us by leaving us a review on Steam.
See you on the frontline!
Other Hell Let Loose News
Hell Let Loose - September 11, 2019
We’ve been assessing and prioritising a large amount of content we’re currently working on, as often implementing one feature too early can have negative consequences for other areas of development - causing us to have to re-do work. As you can imagine, we’d much prefer to work efficiently and quickly, so we’ve been revising our roadmap continuously before updating it. One of the biggest challenges we face is making sure that we keep you abreast of developments, without overpromising or having to drastically delay release.
Developer Briefing #38 – Unit Management System! August 21, 2019
Developer Briefing #37 - Hands on with Hell Let Loose! August 15, 2019
Patch #5 - Live Now! August 8, 2019
Developer Briefing #36 – Tiger 1 First Look! August 7, 2019
Patch #4 Hotfix - Live Now! August 5, 2019
Patch #4 - Live Now! August 1, 2019
Developer Briefing #34 – Post Update 1 Fish! July 24, 2019
Update 1 Hotfix Available Now July 19, 2019
Update 1: Utah Beach - Live Now! July 18, 2019
Hell Let Loose is a realistic World War Two first person shooter with open battles of 100 players with infantry, tanks, artillery, a dynamically shifting front line and a unique resource based strategic meta-game. This is World War Two at a scale you’ve never played before.
Developer: Black Matter Pty Ltd
Publisher: Team17 Digital Ltd