Posted by: Aggroblakh on steam_community_announcements April 15, 2019
Mostly minor gameplay tweaks this update to improve the game rather than adding new features.
- Units now spread out when building a line of trenches, communication trenches, or barbed wire. This is done to prevent crowding and reduce micromanagement. However, it should be noted that this doesn't apply for single-tile structures like dugouts or field hospitals, nor does it apply for underground structures.
- Added a new forest variation.
- Bug in which sight was not extending for units in blockhouses has been fixed.
- Enemy now starts with some wire pre-built.
- Following on, wire effects have been tweaked so that units will be stunned as they cross wire, rather than simply stopping in their tracks. The duration of the stun is longer depending on how heavy the wire is.
Thanks for playing!
Other On The Western Front News
On The Western Front - 1 day ago
Major changes to air combat this update. Planes now have both roles and attributes of their own. Fighter planes remain the same as before, but recon planes are now two-seaters which take a pilot and an observer. Pilots are only responsible for evading the enemy, while observers are the ones whose Vision determines what they reveal on the ground below.
Staff Officers May 6, 2019
Easter Rising.. er, Update April 20, 2019
Little Things April 15, 2019
Portraits April 8, 2019
Help Text April 1, 2019
Bughunting March 18, 2019
Fonts! March 5, 2019
Hotfix 8 February 25, 2019
Hotfix 7 February 20, 2019
Hotfix 6 February 18, 2019
January, 1915. The Race to the Sea is over. The Great War has just begun. You are the commander of a single division in the meat grinder that is the Western Front. Lead your men over the top as you attempt to break the stalemate that is to claim the lives of millions over the course of years.