Posted by: Aggroblakh on steam_community_announcements April 8, 2019
Some issues with the help text have been addressed, as well as some minor changes that hopefully improve the user experience. I've also added portraits into the game for officers and pilots. This adds literally nothing to the game except for kind of looking cool. I'll add more variation as I go, but for now at least it's functional.
- Portraits have been added for officers and pilots.
- Some typos and grammar issues in the help text have been fixed.
- Section about officers has been added to the help text.
- Watch Duty is now possible in blockhouses.
- Structures built in houses and forests are now partially visible.
- Weather conditions now affect artillery. Number of squares hit within an artillery unit's attack range is now reduced in adverse weather conditions.
- Artillery now actively avoids tiles which would be unfeasible to stop in, such as dugouts and houses.
- Bug in which two-tile sized houses were not properly providing cover over both tiles is now fixed.
- Units will no longer be able to stop in tiles if they are over the crowding limit. I'm hoping this addresses some concerns with regard to the feasibility of having hundreds of men crammed into a single tile by forcing players (and the AI) to be a bit more proactive in building comprehensive trench networks.
Thanks for playing!
Other On The Western Front News
Easter Rising.. er, Update April 20, 2019
Little Things April 15, 2019
Portraits April 8, 2019
Help Text April 1, 2019
Bughunting March 18, 2019
Fonts! March 5, 2019
Hotfix 8 February 25, 2019
Hotfix 7 February 20, 2019
Hotfix 6 February 18, 2019
More Tweaking February 15, 2019
January, 1915. The Race to the Sea is over. The Great War has just begun. You are the commander of a single division in the meat grinder that is the Western Front. Lead your men over the top as you attempt to break the stalemate that is to claim the lives of millions over the course of years.