Posted by: Aggroblakh on steam_community_announcements March 18, 2019
Relatively light update this time in terms of new features. The game seems to be crashing quite a bit during gameplay for a lot of you, so I've been poring over the code and trying to identify any potential areas that may cause crashes depending on certain situations. That being said, I've still had some time to tweak the game and fix some bugs.
- Errors that were popping up but not causing crashes in the debugger have been addressed, which will hopefully alleviate many of the crashes being encountered.
- Fixed some pathfinding issues that would arise with the enemy AI that would cause it to skip building certain tiles.
- Fixed bug in which certain situations would cause the enemy AI to get stuck attempting to rotate its units into the reserve, creating unnecessary pathfinding checks that slowed the game down.
- Buildings under construction no longer provide protection until complete.
- Watch duty is now an option when in terrain (houses/forests).
- Machine gun units can now perform watch duty at night. It wasn't particularly realistic to not have machine gunners attempt to attack advancing enemy soldiers at night.
- When rifle units attack advancing enemies in no-man's land during daytime, they now specifically target single tiles rather than entire areas.
- Support units now cause less damage in melee combat.
- Selecting zero tiles in a rest order no longer crashes the game.
- Supply Area orders no longer default to the current mouse position as the starting position. This fixes the bug in which ordering a unit to supply an area would result in them moving into no-man's land prior to supplying units in trenches.
Hopefully these changes make the game a bit smoother to play.
Thanks for playing!
Other On The Western Front News
Easter Rising.. er, Update April 20, 2019
Little Things April 15, 2019
Portraits April 8, 2019
Help Text April 1, 2019
Bughunting March 18, 2019
Fonts! March 5, 2019
Hotfix 8 February 25, 2019
Hotfix 7 February 20, 2019
Hotfix 6 February 18, 2019
More Tweaking February 15, 2019
January, 1915. The Race to the Sea is over. The Great War has just begun. You are the commander of a single division in the meat grinder that is the Western Front. Lead your men over the top as you attempt to break the stalemate that is to claim the lives of millions over the course of years.