CHAOS DEMONS AND… BEASTMASTER!! (v5.7.3)
Posted by: Les on steam_community_announcements March 12, 2019
As tough as a nail, the barbarian princess travels with your party for her own motives. Even the bravest of men should think twice before insulting her as they might end up on the wrong side of her deadly bow. Half-tamed herself, she can speak many beast tongues and sway wild animals to join you.
With this update we are introducing two of the most-awaited features, namely - Beastmaster who can tame wild animals and Chaos Demon faction!
Chaos Demons are known from Age of Fear 2 where a sexy succubus is doing everything in her power to escape her Underworld’s masters. Then she meets a handsome knight Percival… The story is quite pleasing and has a surprising twist, but, like (almost) all stories in the Age of Fear series, ends well.
Chaos Demons make up quite a strange faction which heavily relies on powerful Summoners and Chaos magic. The majority of its units are Fire-resistant and Evil-bound (as you will expect from Demons!), as such, you will need to find innovative ways to mix other factions’ units to this army. Chaos Demons also offer a number of very-Demonic skills such as Sacrifice, Domination and Unholy Strength spells as well as their own collection of specialized items.
- NEW: Golden Clover is a new Relic which will help you getting gold a bit faster.
- BALANCE: A number of balance tweaks were applied to Chaos Demons and Greenskins factions - we haven’t finished with neither of them and it deserves it’s own post.
- UPDATE: Chain spells and skills target only units in range. This change was introduced to balance powerful spells like Chain Lightning.
- UPDATE: Dark Castle Quest, Well of Souls, etc. - sacrificed unit is now selectable. This has been achieved by new script commands (’select-unit-manual’ command) therefore expect more of this functionality.
- UPDATE: New icons for Dwarven Runes and a few other other enhanced ones, for example: Scavenger and Warboss.
- UPDATE: Refactoring localization - about half a year ago we started recoding our engine to support different languages. Over the last weekend we finally implemented all elements: UI, attributes, conversations, messages, levels, selection dialogs, and so on. We already have a French mod and Japanese in the making
- UPDATE: World Map triggers are executed in parallel (previously in sequence). This optimisation should speed up loading up of World Map and Global Events.
- UPDATE: AI optimizations - we have added a number of routines, mostly to support Invisibility feature. That slowed down AI and we had to refactor portions of the code to optimise for that. However, those chances result in overall performance improvement.
- BUGFIX: Vanishing units from Reserve.
- BUGFIX: Quicksilver Armour was applied after vulnerabilities / resistances.
- BUGFIX: Un-equipping Djinn’s Lamp was not removing additional items.
- BUGFIX: Global Events were not triggered if any script was broken.
- BUGFIX: Counter-damage from Reflection Shield was not always working.
- BUGFIX: Heat Ray was not exploding barrels.
- BUGFIX: Berserker should not attack static objects anymore.
We are also working on a number of other features such as Desertion, localisations, better balance for Greenskins, and bringing Workshop Manager to the Age of Fear: The Free World. Please also bookmark in your calendars the release of Age of Fear: The Undead King Gold (June/July 2019):
PLEASE REVIEW OUR GAMES!
Other Age of Fear: The Undead King News
MEMORIES, MEMORIES... May 23, 2019
UPDATE RELEASED!! (v5.8.2) May 12, 2019
WORLD MAP EXPANSION (HELP NEEDED)!! May 6, 2019
DESERTS ARE COMING!! April 26, 2019
FIRST PHOTO OF BLACK HOLE?? April 10, 2019
GOBLINS' TREASURE CHALLENGE!! April 2, 2019
DWARVES!! (UPDATE v5.7.5) March 29, 2019
MORE LOVE FOR ORCS! (UPDATE 5.7.3!!) March 25, 2019
CHAOS DEMONS AND… BEASTMASTER!! (v5.7.3) March 12, 2019
PROGRESS ON LOCALIZATIONS March 4, 2019
Play as either Sir Edward, a noble Knight defending the Human Kingdom, or Krill, a wicked Necromancer with an unearthly lust for power! The Age of Fear series is a deep and complex turn-based strategy (full of humour!) that fuses a tabletop wargame with RPG elements.
Developer: Leslaw Sliwko
Publisher: Age of Fear