Posted by: Aggroblakh on steam_community_announcements March 5, 2019
The game has been crashing quite a bit, most of the time when starting a new map or returning to the main menu. I've managed to track it down to an issue with the font loading improperly. I've now changed the default font from Century Schoolbook to good old Times New Roman. It's no longer period appropriate, but at least it won't be causing issues any more.
- Crashes when returning to the main menu or starting a new map have been fixed!
- Font is now Times New Roman.
- If fog of war is enabled, enemy-controlled tiles will now be seen as open ground when clicked on until they are revealed.
- Bug in which showing unit attack ranges would reveal hidden tiles when fog of war was enabled has been addressed.
- Line of sight has been tweaked so that units can no longer shoot over hills.
- Some pathfinding optimizations have taken place, which hopefully makes the game run a bit smoother.
- Elevation Map now appears above other ground tiles, making it easier to see the elevation of trenches, etc.
- Errors in calculation of total division numbers, morale, supply, and readiness have all been fixed.
- Bug with names and alternate names of reserve units disappearing have been fixed.
- Default names of units now have proper notation. For instance, 1st Brigade, 2nd Battalion, C Company, 3rd Platoon is now 1/2/C/ 3rd Platoon.
- Star shells now decrement properly when used.
- Units supplying an area no longer distribute supplies to units outside that area.
I'm still working on getting Help text into the game, accessible from the pause menu. Let me know if there's anything that needs more explaining and I'll make sure it gets in right away.
Thanks for playing!
Other On The Western Front News
Bughunting March 18, 2019
Fonts! March 5, 2019
Hotfix 8 February 25, 2019
Hotfix 7 February 20, 2019
Hotfix 6 February 18, 2019
More Tweaking February 15, 2019
Over the Western Front February 4, 2019
New Hotness January 28, 2019
Hotfix 5 January 21, 2019
Stacked January 18, 2019
January, 1915. The Race to the Sea is over. The Great War has just begun. You are the commander of a single division in the meat grinder that is the Western Front. Lead your men over the top as you attempt to break the stalemate that is to claim the lives of millions over the course of years.