PATCHES, PATCHES, PATCHES... (UPDATE v5.6.8)
Posted by: Les on steam_community_announcements February 22, 2019
Over the last few weeks we have been busy with adding new features and content, balancing factions, fixing bugs, and so on.
The pressure is high and our players-base greatly expanded - currently the Age of Fear: The Free World has OVER 31,000 DOWNLOADS!!
- NEW: Bard - few weeks ago a player suggested another unit with musical skills and here we finally have one ready. The Bard is an all-around unit: a bit of magic, above-average battle stats and, of course, songs! The Bard comes with his own side-quest!
- NEW: Reflection Shield - an upgrade for Mages and Archmages. Deflected melee strikes have a chance to damage attacker.
- UPDATE: expanded Team Morale explanation in Tutorial. It’s quite a complex feature, therefore more detailed text was needed.
- UPDATE: Very Happy Team Morale provides 15% experience bonus.
- UPDATE: Djinn and Bard’s voices.
- UPDATE: Dwarven Canon is being re-balanced with cooldown mechanics.
- UPDATE: New icons for a number of attributes, for example: weapon and armour upgrades, Poison/Acid Cloud, Acid Splash, etc.
- UPDATE: OpenAL sound engine has been updated to version 1.1.
- BUGFIX: Auto-triggerable attributes were limited to one, now they are run in sequence.
- BUGFIX: Unusable items were equipped when stolen, for example Noble Cloak.
- BUGFIX: Totem descriptions were updated to correctly reflect their features.
There is also a long list of ongoing features which we are working on and are planned to be released later:
- ONGOING: The Undead King Gold is a greatly expanded version of the series' very first entry, a game originally released seven years ago. This project aims to bring Age of Fear series into Open World theme! The work has entered the Beta-test phase and we plan a release for early June 2019.
- ONGOING: The Free World Workshop Manager - following the success of the Age of Fear: The Free World, we plan to backport the Workshop Manager into this product as well. It requires some preparatory work and we plan it for mid-2019.
- ONGOING: The Free World Extension - we are currently editing campaigns for the remaining factions (Dwarves, Chaos Demons and Forest Folk). The extension release will be synchronised with Workshop Manager.
- ONGOING: Desertion - discontent units will attempt to desert.
- ONGOING: Taming Beasts - we are still working on Taming skill, allowing you to capture Beast units. Along with the Demons Pact released recently, one will be able to capture all unit types soon.
- ONGOING: The Strategy Guide Extension - currently the Strategy Guide lists the first three factions, but we are currently writing on other factions as well. We should be ready with an updated document mid-March.
- ONGOING: The Global Events Extension - we have 40+ additional Global Events scheduled and being worked on. Those events will introduce side-quests.
- ONGOING: Faction Bases which can be upgraded as you explore the Age of Fear world. Investing in base upgrades will unlock additional recruitable units, skills and locations to explore! This feature will be released first in The Undead King Gold and then we will add it to other games in the series.
- ONGOING: Invisibility mechanics are already coded in, but require more testing to make AI aware of this feature. Invisibility will add an element of surprise to battles and mess up your tactics! Prepare for the unexpected!
- ONGOING: Unit Voices are currently being re-recorded. There are 80+ voice-bundles and we have about 30% ready. ETA for this update is mid-2019 and hopefully this improvement will be well received!
- ONGOING: Localization is coming too! We have started with French (thanks to targus929!), but once this update is stable we will look into other languages.
- ONGOING: Desert Battles - we have already drawn a number of new terrains and themed objects like Giant Scorpion, Djinn, Cactuses, etc. Those will be added to existing environments.
- ONGOING: The Age of Fear 4 - the main story is already written and we are working on scripts and game flows. The release is planned for 2020 and we will surely push out more news before that.
PLEASE REVIEW OUR GAMES!
Les & AOF Team
Other Age of Fear: The Undead King News
MEMORIES, MEMORIES... May 23, 2019
UPDATE RELEASED!! (v5.8.2) May 12, 2019
WORLD MAP EXPANSION (HELP NEEDED)!! May 6, 2019
DESERTS ARE COMING!! April 26, 2019
FIRST PHOTO OF BLACK HOLE?? April 10, 2019
GOBLINS' TREASURE CHALLENGE!! April 2, 2019
DWARVES!! (UPDATE v5.7.5) March 29, 2019
MORE LOVE FOR ORCS! (UPDATE 5.7.3!!) March 25, 2019
CHAOS DEMONS AND… BEASTMASTER!! (v5.7.3) March 12, 2019
PROGRESS ON LOCALIZATIONS March 4, 2019
Play as either Sir Edward, a noble Knight defending the Human Kingdom, or Krill, a wicked Necromancer with an unearthly lust for power! The Age of Fear series is a deep and complex turn-based strategy (full of humour!) that fuses a tabletop wargame with RPG elements.
Developer: Leslaw Sliwko
Publisher: Age of Fear