Posted by: Aggroblakh on steam_community_announcements February 15, 2019
Most of the work this week was getting forest tiles in the game, which in turn necessitated a re-scaling of buildings. I also had to rewrite the plane upgrade logic into a form that made more sense. Long story short, this update is really more about refining and expanding what's already in the game rather than adding wholesale new features.
- Fixed bug in which selected units that were sent on leave would remain selected when they were recalled.
- Fixed bug in which enemy AI was too lenient towards retreating units, causing situations in which opposing units would not attack each other even when on the same tile.
- Re-tweaked the scale of buildings to be more realistic. I've been working on forest terrain, which really made it clear how messed up the scale of buildings still was.
- Tweaked the plane upgrade mechanic. Instead of upgrading each plane individually, each tier of plane is a single upgrade. Your next monthly supply of planes will then be of the newer models. Additionally, replacement pilots will automatically be equipped with the newest model available.
- Fixed errors with pilot highlights in Air Activity Screen, whereby units previously selected/highlighted would remain so even when selecting a different pilot.
- You can now rename your units. Several of you have asked for this feature to facilitate organization of units.
- Bug in which the Order of Battle never properly refreshed the current actions of each unit has been fixed.
Thanks for playing!
Other On The Western Front News
Bughunting March 18, 2019
Fonts! March 5, 2019
Hotfix 8 February 25, 2019
Hotfix 7 February 20, 2019
Hotfix 6 February 18, 2019
More Tweaking February 15, 2019
Over the Western Front February 4, 2019
New Hotness January 28, 2019
Hotfix 5 January 21, 2019
Stacked January 18, 2019
January, 1915. The Race to the Sea is over. The Great War has just begun. You are the commander of a single division in the meat grinder that is the Western Front. Lead your men over the top as you attempt to break the stalemate that is to claim the lives of millions over the course of years.