Posted by: Aggroblakh on steam_community_announcements January 15, 2019
Was a bit sick this past week, so I mostly focused on small-ish things rather than adding anything totally new.
- The Alternate Font was bugged out and would often crash when used. I've managed to track down the issue and fix it.
- "Supply Area" order was buggy due to the units in question sometimes resupplying with invalid load types when automatically resupplying from the rear. I've fixed the issue so that units will no longer resupply with invalid load types.
- Following on from the previous issue, units that automatically return to resupply in the rear will select load types based on the prevalence of open ground within their assigned areas/routes. More open ground means a higher probability of shells for artillery, while more trenches, comm. trenches, and the like means ammo/tools.
- Following even further on with supply types, non-artillery units will no longer take shells from supply units.
- Obscured units that appear when fog of war is enabled now match the colour of their faction properly instead of all looking British. This was an easy fix that really should have been a day one type thing, but it was such a minor issue that I kept putting it off.
- AI has been improved so that it will now consolidate new forward trenches better (setting up new kitchens, field hospitals, comm. trenches) if it manages to take them from the player.
- Readiness regain rate has been slowed in sub-optimal weather.
- Food regain rate has been increased for units in dugouts.
- Upgrades now actually reduce division Valour points again. I disabled this at some point for my own testing and forgot to re-enable it.
- Hitting the ESC key while in the middle of a construction order now clears and resets the mouse cursor.
- Pilots now cannot be withdrawn until the Wireless Radios upgrade is unlocked.
- Wireless Radio upgrade also cuts order delay in half.
Thanks for playing!
Other On The Western Front News
Bughunting March 18, 2019
Fonts! March 5, 2019
Hotfix 8 February 25, 2019
Hotfix 7 February 20, 2019
Hotfix 6 February 18, 2019
More Tweaking February 15, 2019
Over the Western Front February 4, 2019
New Hotness January 28, 2019
Hotfix 5 January 21, 2019
Stacked January 18, 2019
January, 1915. The Race to the Sea is over. The Great War has just begun. You are the commander of a single division in the meat grinder that is the Western Front. Lead your men over the top as you attempt to break the stalemate that is to claim the lives of millions over the course of years.