UPDATE 30 - ADVENT(ageous)
Posted by: Spilt Milk Studios on steam_community_announcements December 13, 2018
Whilst this update is mostly all about the servers, the backend, the client performance and the multitude of ways in which we've made Lazarus a ton more stable and 'happy' (which all translates to a smoother and more fun experience for ya'll), we couldn't resist adding a few nice new bits and bobs for you. New (proper, chunky) content is coming soon, but when you boot this update up you'll see some big changes to the kinds of things the Drones will shoot at you...
Want to play? Hit up www.playlazarus.com and claim a steam key right now. The servers are live 24/7!
Want to chat to us? Hit up discord.gg/spiltmilk and let us know what you want to see in the game!
We've filled up our lovely wiki over at https://lazarus.gamepedia.com/Lazarus_Wiki - please do pop in and check it out, help us fill in any gaps, or let us know what it's missing!
- Every Drone with a gun has a new gun! Wahey! We've long wanted to differentiate the Drones from the Humans, and this is one key way. No doubt we'll tweak plenty before we're done!
Er... it shoots SO rarely, and I didn't want to delay the update just for a gif, so, you'll have to take my word for it!
- Every Blaster has its own unique bullet graphic! Wahey! Some of them are a little more subtle than others and I'll be tweaking this for the next update to make them all even more different, and even cooler.
- We've added new particles around repairing Ships and choosing new Ships to pilot!
- We've added ton more names to the Sector Name generator. Something like 100 or more new words!
- We fixed an issue that meant Melees were not always dealing damage correctly. They are MUCH more dangerous now, as they were always intended to be.
- We fixed an issue with HP bars, which now update much more smoothly on the client - this in turn has made combat feel a TON more responsive and satisfying! Yay!
- We've addressed a whole raft of issues around 'lossy' performance on the server. Things like the amount of communication going back and forth between Carriers and the enemies it spawns, as well as the Xenotaphs scouring their nearby area for information have been made vastly more efficient. This means better ping for everyone, and fewer lag spikes!
- We've updated the Ship screen so that when you're selecting a Ship to repair, it displays its 3D model for you. Makes it a lot clearer what's going on, and to what Ship.
- We've fixed an issue that occasionally led to multiple Xenotaphs occupying the same space in the game world.
- We've added our own throttling system to the game's server queuing. Hopefully you won't notice a difference!
- Since we updated last we're pretty confident nobody's seen the issue around multiple rapid pickups leading to inaccurate resources, so that's being marked as done!
- The Wipes are now 12 hrs apart!
- We've rebalanced the cost of the first few levels of the Blasters, so that you get to level up more often early on.
- We've rebalanced all Ship HP to be slightly lower, to match the intended design. This is after our last update's changes skewed them higher and made everyone tougher than they should be.
- Firing a secondary weapon/blaster on the RMB often shows a flashing debug warning pop up. We're on it!
- Sometimes Asteroids and Enemies will take 0 damage, as well as sometimes deal 0 damage. We're investigating, and it's very rare.
We're almost ready to announce our plans around monetisation and the road to Early Access. We'll talk about it on our discord (link just below) and will FOR SURE listen to any worries or suggestions you might have. In fact we're relying on you to help us get it right!
2019 is going to be very exciting indeed!
So fire it up, help us confirm these fixes, and of course come and join us on discord.gg/spiltmilk to tell us what else you want fixing or adding to the game! And as always, keep your eyes peeled for the next big update...
Other Lazarus News
Lazarus - March 14, 2019
If you’re on our discord you already know, but we’ve had a little bit of time on other projects and are finally BACK. That means we’re deploying as many fixes as we sensibly can over this and next week, trying to iron out things broken by the big spatial/unity upgrade that was the basis of Update 33. We’ve fixed most of the horrid issues, so the game’s back to being smooth and fun to play. We’ve managed to sneak some more good stuff in too though, so read on…
UPDATE 30 - ADVENT(ageous) December 13, 2018
UPDATE 29 - Statistical Relevance November 8, 2018
UPDATE 28 - TECHNOLOGY October 9, 2018
UPDATE 27 - SMASHED IT. September 14, 2018
Update 26! Numbers are your friend! August 31, 2018
UPDATE 25 - WIPE OUT (not literally) August 16, 2018
Update 24 - WIPE CLEAN August 2, 2018
UPDATE 23 - WIPE YOURSELF DOWN July 19, 2018
UPDATE 22 - WIPE AWAY THOSE TEARS July 6, 2018
UPDATE 21 - TACTICS, CHALLENGE DIFFICULTY June 22, 2018
Lazarus is a lightning-fast action mmo for thousands of players in a shared & persistent open world, where you battle for supremacy against alien factions in a truly living world that never sleeps. In Open Alpha right now, sign up on the website to play and help us make it better!
Developer: Spilt Milk Studios Ltd
Publisher: Spilt Milk Studios Ltd