Dev Video - Platforms
Posted by: chaosavy on steam_community_announcements September 30, 2018
Here's a new update vid:
Direct Link: YouTube
Working towards better implemented platforms -
- Platforms take time to build (versus being instant before)
- A base can only build one platform at a time
- Bases will build "far away" platforms (defense, production, repair, refuel)
- Production platforms will generate cargo pods
- These can be bought by the player for a low cost
- Or stolen!
- Far away platforms will build defense platforms to defend themselves
- Some factions will sell production platforms to the player
- Auto traders will check nearby platforms for better opportunities
- Player can build far away platforms - via building a builder ship at an owned base.
- Indie transports will ferry cargo from production platforms to bases (including player bases if so requested)
- Player can assign ships to patrol a far away platform
More implemented platforms:
I've decided to put the story missions on hold and work on better implemented platforms. The current progress of story missions takes the player to where they might consider dabbling in elements related to bases - which includes platforms.
The big idea was to make platforms more "solid" in terms of game play, some platforms were fairly useful, like repair platforms, but others were just for show (production platforms). Now production platforms offer trading and piracy opportunities - as they actually produce something.
Bases will now build "far away" platforms - this means that there's no longer the possibility of wiping out all platforms - and not having them come back. This should make the game world feel more alive and logical.
The player can buy and build far away platforms to support and expand their empire - and sort of "customize" their area of control.
I hope you guys enjoy the new possibilities with platforms and post feedback!
I'm likely to add a few more elements to platforms - like having ships run towards defense platforms for aid, having platforms participate in overworld combat and related items.
More work on story missions!
As always - Thank you for your incredible support!
Other Void Destroyer 2 News
Performance bug - patched! February 10, 2020
Void Destroyer 2 - now released! (No more Early Access) February 6, 2020
Dev Update - Preparing for release. January 29, 2020
Final Story Missions are in!!! January 3, 2020
Dev Update - Guide updated! December 2, 2019
Heads up - Thinking of a price increase. November 3, 2019
Dev Video - Active Upgrades October 23, 2019
Dev Video - Customization, Empire management and Missions October 6, 2019
Auto generated missions - Phase 1. September 26, 2019
Dev Video - Big Beta Patch July 17, 2019
Start with nothing... End with everything! All you have is a basic ship, barely fit for combat, with it you'll start your journey and empire. A open world space sandbox, inspired by and expanding the classics.
Developer: Iteration 11
Publisher: Iteration 11