Update 1.5.0 - Trading Cards, Eye-tracking, Improved VR
Posted by: Junkfish on steam_community_announcements May 19, 2017
It's hard to believe, but Monstrum has spent another year on the high seas - by which we mean it's our 2nd “proper” birthday! We've put together a couple of little updates for you to celebrate.
Firstly, we'll be holding a special birthday sale from Friday 19th (today!) of May to Monday 22nd of May. This weekend Monstrum, the soundtrack and the deluxe bundle will all be 80% off! So if you've been lurking this whole time waiting for an opportunity to strike, like the sneaky Hunter, now's your chance to pounce!
Secondly, we're bringing some new options into Monstrum. The game has gone without an update for a long-time due to us focusing on our second project, Attack of the Earthlings, but we thought we could manage a little something for such an important date. Some stand out additions:
- Trading Cards!
- Change direction with head look mode for VR!
- Tobii Eye-tracker compatibility
Some of these are things people have requested for a while, some we just found fun to work on. There's a full change log at the bottom, and it'll all go live later today!
And finally, we want to give a big shout-out to all of you! We're always amazed when we see how many people are still playing, and thankful for how creative and dedicated an audience we have. We love seeing your Monstrum artwork, screenshots and streams, so don't be shy about giving us an @ on [url=www.twitter.com/teamjunkfish]twitter[/url] with something you've done. In particular we'd like to shout out
">Glenn Leroi's Song and Marcel's G-Mod map for bringing the team a lot of joy this year.
Changelog – V.1.5.0
- Now available featuring never before seen artwork from Monstrum
- Includes backgrounds, badges & emoticons
- Move in direction faced mode (old mode can still be enabled in menu)
- Enable/Disable UI on arm
- Aim torch, flare-gun & thrown items with your eyes
- Pick-up and interact with items you're looking at
- Control the journal tab/note selection
- Hunter should no-longer get stuck after spawning
- Hunter should now always show up during submarine escape sequence
- Can no longer throw items while moving the trolley(s)
- Hunter traps will now only trigger when a thrown item moves past them, not if any item is within range.
- Flare gun now fires properly in all instances
Other Monstrum News
Monstrum v1.2.1 - Beta/Oculus hotfix now live! October 6, 2015
Monstrum Update v1.2 - Oculus Beta September 25, 2015
Monstrum OST available as DLC now! August 20, 2015
Monstrum v1.0.1 - Hotfix Notes July 24, 2015
Monstrum Mac/Linux Builds Now Available! July 16, 2015
Monstrum Soundtrack now available! June 3, 2015
Monstum v1.0 Now Live! (Bye bye Early Access!) May 20, 2015
Monstrum Build 0.9.3 now live! April 23, 2015