Rescue HQ - The Tycoon
Game created by stillalive studios and released May 28, 2019 .
App changes last updated 6 days ago / News last updated 18 hours ago
Build up your headquarters from scratch and design your own masterpiece. In Rescue HQ you build, organize and manage a joint station for the three emergency departments fire brigade, police and ambulance. With limited budget you will be facing tough decisions and extensive emergencies that will need your immediate attention. During all of that you will further develop your HQ, hire new crew members and provide them with all the vehicles and equipment they need. Can you keep cool in heated up situations and will you do whatever it takes to keep your city safe?
You are the police – Send appropriate forces with specific vehicles (from patrol car to SWAT unit) to dangerous emergency missions to keep your city safe. Provide them with the right gear from snipers to tracker dogs, bomb defusal kits and much more…
Bring back prisoners and evidence from the crime scenes, interrogate them and process the files to earn money. You will need the funds to set up for big events like the trial of a mafia boss or preparations for the football championship ending up in major riots in your city.
You are the fire brigade – Get ready for the rush of incoming emergencies and make sure your team has the right vehicles and resources to handle them. Train your firefighters to develop unique skills allowing them to become experts for specific mission types. Assign them to different shifts based on their skills and supply them with special gear from air tanks to hazmat suits for chemical emergencies.
You are the ambulance – Look after your patients in the medical station of your HQ and expand it with the latest technologies from radiology stations to 3D printers. It’s your responsibility to keep all your patients safe and provide your medic team with the needed items from crash cart to contamination suits and medical kits.
As the manager of your HQ it’s your job to always keep track of everything. In times of resource and time scarcity, good planning and well-considered compromises are demanded.
Show that you got what it takes to successfully complete multidisciplinary emergencies involving all three departments while keeping your crew happy and healthy. Make use of more than 20 vehicles including helicopters, tons of different equipment, skills and items to set up your rescue masterpiece.
Can you keep cool and stay on top of the situation, despite three departments, numerous missions, and scarce resources demanding your attention? Prove your skills, your city counts on you!
- Three emergency departments under one roof allowing for different challenges and strategies
- Build and expand your headquarter
- Two different settings, based on San Francisco and Berlin, with corresponding vehicles
- Challenging resource management
- Unforeseen and diverse missions
- Huge “scurrying factor” due to personnel that follow their routines
- Extensive modding capabilities of all assets, maps, and missions
- Day/night cycle with shifts management and changing emergency types
- Level up your rookies to veteran status
- Police department – “paperwork” that has to be processed and balanced with sending police officers to emergencies
- Medical division – “patients” feature. Stock up on medical equipment to treat patients in critical condition, thus getting paid by their insurance
- Firefighting department – Large operations with a lot of equipment, vehicles and people involved
- Purchase property to expand your headquarters and fill it with department specific rooms as well as common rooms that improve the mood and health of you employees
- Get paid by the city mayor based on your performance
- Earn rewards from successfully completed emergencies – either directly in form of money and reputation, delayed as with paperwork, patients and prisoners, or more complex like new team members, work stations, new unlocks, etc.
- Long-term scenario that presents challenges to you providing waves of emergencies at specific times. Check the timeline and make sure you are ready for them!
- Objectives and achievements that guide you through the game experience and will keep the game challenging at all times
Rescue HQ can be extensively modded. You can create your own assets, maps, and missions using the F# language and Unity engine. Share your creations with the community via the Steam Workshop or download the mods from others.
Reviews“Rescue HQ - The Tycoon attracts one after a short time so much, that you do not want to stop. Especially those who can get used to traditional business simulations should take a closer look at the game because its style and gameplay are reminiscent of classic mixup of the genre. Something that impressed me deeply was the size of the game, because nearly 300 MB are not even a patch for today's standards and yet everything is there what you need to deliver entertaining and long-lasting fun. Other developers can take an example. So if you like economic simulations and have a weakness for the fire brigade, police and rescue, you will be served properly and rewarded with many entertaining hours.”
4.2 / 5.0 – http://www.gamers.at/pc/rescue-hq-the-tycoon-im-test-41046
7 / 10 – https://www.pcgames.de/Rescue-HQ-The-Tycoon-Spiel-67675/Tests/Review-Stillalive-Studios-Aufbau-Strategie-1282974/
“Rescue HQ – The Tycoon is a good simulation strategy game. I was curious how well a game where you run a police department, fire department, and ambulance service at the same time would work. I was pleasantly surprised that it worked quite a bit better than I expected. Basically the objective of the game is to build up your headquarters with new equipment while hiring and training your staff. You then send them out to emergencies in order to earn money and reputation to grow your headquarters. Anyone who has played one of these type of games before should have a good idea of what to expect. The reason that Rescue HQ – The Tycoon works so well is that it does a good job streamlining the mechanics making it easy to build the headquarters you desire. I had a lot of fun playing the game and fans of this genre should as well.”
4 / 5 – https://www.geekyhobbies.com/rescue-hq-the-tycoon-indie-game-review/
Build up your headquarters from scratch and design your own masterpiece. In Rescue HQ you build, organize and manage a joint station for firefighters, police and ambulance. Manage your resources wisely and master challenging emergencies to keep your city safe! Are you up to the challenge?
Steam Kiwi is a Steam news aggregator.
We capture all game news on Steam, sort by date and present a list of news you are interested in based on games you own.