Recommendations: 0 / Metacritic: 0
App changes last updated 1 week ago / News last updated 2 hours ago
- You Are The Agent - you belong to Steiger corporation, a privatised company employing hunters. You are participating in the Awant project - the first programme that uses servo-savants to remotely accomplish dangerous tasks.
- Open World - more than 70% of the island is explorable: from docks and metro station recesses to individual flats inside buildings. Use various routes to reach and explore the location.
- Autonomous City - you are not a hero, you’re a newcomer with a specific task, the city will take care of itself without you and go on regardless.
- Unique and simple player interface - no excess on-screen information, all actions are accessible with a few keys.
- Personal Microcomputer - translate, discover, gain valuable information and start conversations with every character you meet.
- Reputation System - be good or bad, make enemies or allies, every decision matters.
- General Language SGA - learn the famous Standard Galactic Alphabet or use your microcomputer to translate visually in real-time.
- World Randomization - thanks to the total randomization of the main mission setup the gameplay is different every time.
- Think Like A Detective - look for clues and analyse them to solve cases.
- Learn Electronics - learn the basics of logic systems by hacking, disabling door locks as well as computers or find alternative solutions to gain access.
- Advanced Artificial Intelligence - characters have their acquaintances, locations where they belong and their personal goals that don’t have to correlate with yours.
- The Real Real-time - schedule and meet your informants at appropriate places and times. Follow characters in the world and analyse their activities. Your simulation goes on regardless whether you are in it or not.
- Almost Permadeath - if you leave the simulation in a dangerous location and your reputation isn’t in a good state there is a possibility you will die even when you are not playing - however, you always have the opportunity to escape and survive.
- Limited Time - your servo-savant has a limited lifecycle. After the expiration point it will start decomposing and eventually end the game session.
- Extensive Communication & Transportation - walk, use the metro or your autonomous vehicle to reach locations.
- Define The Simulation - it is you who decides what you experience in the simulation. Accomplish main mission, random ones or neither. Eliminate anything that moves or hack and explore the world.
About the GameSynther is an FPP simulation game with adventure-like, detective elements set in a futuristic, open world. The game is innovative and reminiscent of early 3D games and DOS applications.
The game is set in a city located on a remote island and the year is 2050. The players gets a chance to step in the shoes of Agent from Steiger Corporation, explore vast areas, crime scenes and gather intel, that reveals even more mysteries surrounding the city and its inhabitants. The police, paramilitary groups, gangs, fractions, large corporations - they can all stand in your way or can be helpful during, what can be the most demanding assignment of Your Agent career.
Synther has been in development for three years, since 2013. It's highly inspired by movies like Blade Runner, anime like Ghost In The Shell and games like Deus Ex, B.A.T. Syndicate from 1993.
Reviews“Retro immersive sim Synther looks like Deus Ex circa ’95.”
Rock Paper Shotgun
“Synther looks like it could be one of the most interesting games of the year.”
Steam Kiwi is a Steam news aggregator.
We capture all game news on Steam, sort by date and present a list of news you are interested in based on games you own.