Game created by IMEX Media, Inc and released March 11, 2019 .
App changes last updated 1 day ago / News last updated 1 day ago
Detailed DescriptionRIFF VR is a one of a kind music role playing experience. Use VR technology to become the guitarist, drummer, or singer of your own band. The RIFF VR band members will jam with you thanks to motion capture by professional musicians.
Get high scores to move from the rehearsal area and your garage, to a TV studio where your dreams of fame might be coming true. If you’re good enough, you can even make it big and perform in a stadium full of screaming fans!
Choose from 20 original tracks covering Classic Metal, Classic Rock, and Modern Classics. All songs that you know and love by bands such as Poison, Europe, KISS, Joe Walsh, 3 Doors Down, Fall out Boy, X Ambassadors, and more!
- Experience RIFF VR’s guitar without any clunky accessory thanks to our exclusive technology
- Hone your skills by playing through our 3 levels of difficulty: Easy, Medium and Hard.
- Build-in streaming functions! Show everyone how much you rock!
- Custom Venue and Band creation gameplay mode.
- Unlock different environments by scoring high marks!
- Rock to the originals songs! We’re music industry friendly which means we license ALL of our music.
- Enjoy more than 20 hits by legendary musicians! And one bonus track only available for the best players!
- More in-depth motion capture;
- Steam leaderboards;
- Freestyle gameplay: enjoy jamming without the pressure to get high scores;
- Scoring system for vocals
- Support for Steam Workshop so anyone can make content for music videos;
- Official RIFF VR Youtube channel with appearance by real musicians;
- Artist based DLC: Play famous bands’ greatest hits with them, as part of the band!
What are you waiting for? Go and rock out on RIFF VR! ROCK OUT!
Reviews“Achieving a level of versatility and realism far beyond any of its predecessors, Riff VR lets players assume the role of lead-singer and/or play any instrument in the band without the need for any additional hardware. Compatible with the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift, Riff VR takes users on a musical role-playing rock-and-roll journey from the VR garage to a stadium full of screaming fans.”
“IMEX Media seems to be pulling out all of the stops by including motion-captured performances of actual professional musicians, multiple levels to play through and the game’s companion app. It is also sure to make the wallets of many VR fans happy, since the game doesn’t require the use of any extra hardware.”
“Of course, any music-driven rhythm game is only as good as the catalog it provides. In this regard, Riff VR does not disappoint. Boasting a tracklist with bands like Poison, KISS, and Fall Out Boy, the game includes a ton of rock staples that anyone would have fun jamming out to.”
RIFF VR is a one of a kind music role playing experience. Use VR technology to become the guitarist, drummer, or singer of your own band. Customize performance environments and band setups. Stream your gameplay with built in OBS and LIV support.
Steam Kiwi is a Steam news aggregator.
We capture all game news on Steam, sort by date and present a list of news you are interested in based on games you own.