Game created by Bonjourcoco and released February 4, 2019 . 8 DLCs have been released, the last on August 29, 2019.
App changes last updated 2 days ago / News last updated 9 hours ago
Detailed DescriptionYag is a shared Role Playing Game virtual table intended to be played online with friends.
Everything you need to know:Complete info about Yag can be found on its website.
You'll find there:
- The detailed list of features ("Features" tab)
- Links to Youtube tutorial videos in english and french ("Tutorials" tab)
- Links to all available videos, tutorials and news ("Videos" tab)
- The full documentation about LUA API and modules ("Documentation" tab)
What you can do with Yag:
- Create a server / connect to a friend's server (up to 8 simultaneous players)
- Use more than 50 Go of free content (managed through free DLCs) spanning various types of worlds (medieval fantastic, modern, post apocalyptic, cyberpunk, steampunk, science fiction).
- Use natural terrains (mountains, desert, earthly and alien landscapes, etc.)
- Setup an infinity of parametrized procedural dungeons and their environement with different visual themes
- Hand craft any dungeon from scratch or modify generated ones: Yag contains a small dungeon editor for manual modifications/creations.
- Choose your characters/creatures among hundreds of 3D animated miniatures.
- Equip your 3D characters with hundreds of weapons/spells/objects and have them ride any 3D creature.
- Attach video cameras to pawns to see/share any view
- Share pictures from the internet: use any picture available through a public url as a map or a pawn.
- Have 3D dice rolling and get their results displayed in a journal (results can be public or private)
- Manage Character Sheets with automated dice rolls
- Use character sheets as a collection of lines of fields, or as a graphical asset (labels superimposed on a picture of the empty CS)
- Manage action rounds with initiative
- Use a fog of war
- Use embedded LUA scripting to:
- Fully automate character sheets
- Fully customize the dice language
- Modify pawns properties (initiative, health points, ...)
- Create rulesets
- Generally do what you want with a scripting language
- Change day/night time and have the sun move at any chosen speed for real time scenes
- Apply a parametrized fog, or change the weather conditions (leaves, rain, snow, hail, blizzard, lightning...)
- Choose various sky textures
- Apply post processing color filters to completely change the ambiance of a scene
- Hide your pawns from other players (e.g: invisibility spell) or from all players if you are the Dungeon Master
- Use 3rd or 1st person view to see through the eyes of any character/creature.
- Prepare and save your scenes (dungeons, pawns, character sheets, options)
- Modules management: Easily share and distribute your scenarios/campaign in a single zip file containing everything needed (saves, dungeons, pawns, character sheets, LUA rulesets, custom dice, etc.)
- Import/Export your Character Sheets in text format to prepare/edit/save them in any 3rd party program.
- If your video card is Ansel compatible, use Yag as a map generator by creating high res pictures of dungeons and printing them for your real table.
- Make beautiful screenshots using in game mechanism (any custom res), Steam, or Ansel (if you have an Ansel compatible video card)
Yag is system agnostic: it does not rely on any game rule and can be used to play any game with any rules as long as it requires a gameboard, pawns, and dice.
Yag offer a lot of possibilities and hence is fairly complexe to fully use, but it can be used progressively:
- first only as a shared visual setup (dungeons and pawns): Yag is designed so that setting up a complexe scene should only take seconds.
- then you can use ingame dice with the journal
- then you can learn to use the ingame character sheets that will let you manage characters and automate dice rolls
- then you can use initiative, manage rounds, and use the more complexe options Yag has to offer
- finally you can learn to use the API with the LUA language and do whatever you want
Yag is entirely silent: you'll have to use a 3rd party audio server (Teamspeak, Steam, Discord...) to talk with your friends.
Yag is not a single player game, there is no AI, no goal set ingame, no villain to fight, nothing to win, it is merely an online shared gaming table.
Yag is a Role Playing Game table. It offers what's needed to play rpgs: dungeons, miniatures, dice and character sheets, customizable and automatable through embedded LUA scripting. It lets you use any public picture from the net to play any game requiring a gameboard, dice, and pawns.
Steam Kiwi is a Steam news aggregator.
We capture all game news on Steam, sort by date and present a list of news you are interested in based on games you own.