SCP: Secret Laboratory
Game created by Northwood Studios and released December 29, 2017 .
App changes last updated 2 days ago / News last updated 23 hours ago
Detailed DescriptionSCP: Secret Laboratory is a multiplayer horror game, based on SCP - Containment Breach by Undertow Games (in 2012). To create this game, Unity engine was used to provide higher stability and more details. Still being in the beta phase, the game can contain a number of bugs and errors which are usually spotted by a large team of testers and fixed quickly after.
It is a completely free horror game based on SCP Foundation creepypasta series. The Foundation focuses on protecting the world from any entity, object or phenomenon which exceeds the all-known idea of normal.
The underground facility suffers from multiple breaches from various SCP objects which escape their containment chambers. During this events chain, players are given roles to play:
- Class-D Personnel - Prisoners kept for a purpose of being lab rats. Their mission is to escape the facility without getting any attention from others.
- Nine-Tailed Fox - Team designated to neutralize the danger and rescue Scientists.
- Scientist - Breach attendant that tries to escape the facility alive.
- SCP Object - anomaly trying to kill as many people as possible. Currently, only few SCP objects can be found in-game, but progressively their number will grow in oncoming updates.
- Chaos Insurgency - Foundation traitors, trying to help Class D to escape in order to obtain helpful information.
There are many ways of fighting against enemies, from using firearms to detonating the whole facility with a hydrogen bomb.
In the game, we can encounter such anomalies like:
- SCP-173 - Living concrete sculpture that can move only when not observed, killing people by snapping opponents' necks.
- SCP-106 - Humanoid able to walk past matter, sending its prey to its Pocket Dimension.
- SCP-049 - Plague doctor trying to "cure" everyone he meets.
- SCP-914 - Object improving machinery.
- SCP-096 - "Shy Guy" who screams and goes on a rampage upon looking at him.
- SCP-939 - A monster, which can only see if you make sound.
Deep within the SCP Foundation during a containment breach, many of the anomalies have bypassed security and escaped from their chambers - without peaceful intentions. Become site personnel, a re-containment agent, or an anomalous entity and fight to take control of or escape the facility!
Steam Kiwi is a Steam news aggregator.
We capture all game news on Steam, sort by date and present a list of news you are interested in based on games you own.