Recommendations: 918 / Metacritic: 0
Released: May 31, 2016
BallisticNG is an anti-gravity racing game developed as a love letter to the original Wipeout trilogy. It's fast, technical and has a large focus on modding with the same tools used to create the official content.
Detailed DescriptionBallisticNG is a love letter to the original Wipeout trilogy. Set in the year 2159 you race around futuristic tracks in a variety of locales armed to the teeth with deadly weapons to aid you in taking first place. Each team in the game offers a different play style, giving you the freedom to choose which ship handles the best for you.
- 15 tracks set in unique locations
- 13 teams and a lineup of super fast drag ships
- 14 pickups to damage others and protect yourself
- 7 gamemodes (Race, Time Trial, Target, Speed Lap, Survival, Knockout and Eliminator)
- A (still work in progress) singleplayer campaign with many events to challenge your skill
- Two player splitscreen with dual-monitor support
- A thumping 90s inspired soundtrack featuring 28 tracks spanning across Techno, Jungle, Neurofunk and Drum and Bass
- Accurate emulation of early 3D rendering with additional options to make the game look more modern
- A fully fledged ship importer with all the variables you need to tweak your custom ship to perfection
- An indepth layout creator with external tools built for Unity allowing you to create custom tracks with ultimate freedom
- A C# modding API to create your own gamemodes and weapons
PhysicsBallisticNG recreates the physics of a time long gone. Playing the game is all about getting into the zone and becoming one with the ship, practicing every nook and cranny of every track until you can do it with your eyes closed. Feeling the speed isn't about what the HUD tells you, but how the environment swooshes past you and timing the right maneuvers at the right time to keep the flow going. If you're looking for a quick game, lower speed classes provide you with a more laid back experience. You can even disable weapons if you want a good clean race.
Looking for a challenge? Enable hyper mode for some over the top uncontrollable speed to really push your skills to the limit.
VisualsThe game's assets are made with real 90s hardware limitations in mind, everything has been designed as if it had to run on that limited hardware to create an authentic retro 3D artstyle. The game also supports options to disable all of the early 3d emulation effects and enable modern graphical features such as bloom. Tracks are rendered with a single texture atlas, making the game's rendering extremely efficient and easy to run on most hardware.
Cockpit ModeEach ship has a unique cockpit which reflects the design you see on the exterior. When in cockpit mode the game processes the audio to make it sound authentic, complete with the sound of rain splashing on the canopy and displays flickering as you take damage from weapons, everything you need to get cosy in your high speed future racer.
Steam Kiwi is a Steam news aggregator.
We capture all game news on Steam, sort by date and present a list of news you are interested in based on games you own.