Recommendations: 10661 / Metacritic: 80
App changes last updated 3 days ago / News last updated 11 hours ago
After years of tireless explorations, brave Vikings have discovered a new land filled with mystery, danger and riches: Northgard.
The boldest Northmen have set sail to explore and conquer these new shores, bring fame to their Clan and write history through conquest, trading, or devotion to the Gods.
That is, if they can survive the dire wolves and undead warriors roaming the land, befriend or defeat the giants, and survive the harshest winters ever witnessed in the North.
- Build your settlement on the newly discovered continent of Northgard
- Assign your vikings to various jobs (Farmer, Warrior, Sailor, Loremaster...)
- Manage your resources carefully and survive harsh winters and vicious foes
- Expand and discover new territory with unique strategic opportunities
- Achieve different victory conditions (Conquest, Fame, Lore, Trading...)
- Play against your friends or against an AI with different difficulty levels and personalities
- Enjoy dedicated servers and grind the ranks to reach the final Norse God rank!
THE STORY MODE: RIG'S SAGA
The Viking High King is murdered and his REGAL HORN is stolen by a man named HAGEN. This event kickstarts a saga that will take RIG, his son and heir accompanied by his right-hand man BRAND through the new continent of NORTHGARD, where he will make new friends and foes and discover a much greater threat than HAGEN, and the reasons behind his father’s assassination.
In order to complete the 11 chapters campaign, the player will have to master the specificities of all 6 clans and tame the unforgiving wilderness of Northgard.
Reviews“If Odin played Early Access strategy games, I imagine he’d be pleased.”
“It’s an impressively well-made thing, a finely-embroidered cloak of an RTS with all the elements sewn together in a pleasing and sensible way.”
Rock Paper Shotgun
“Northgard is already worthwhile, and it could easily become a must-play for strategy fans if Shiro Games continues to add to and improve the already solid foundation that they’ve laid so far.”
Steam Kiwi is a Steam news aggregator.
We capture all game news on Steam, sort by date and present a list of news you are interested in based on games you own.