State of Mind
Game created by Daedalic Entertainment and released August 15, 2018 . 2 DLCs have been released, the last on August 15, 2018.
App changes last updated 4 days ago / News last updated 23 hours ago
Detailed DescriptionWhen mind and machine become one – what will remain of humanity?
Berlin, 2048 – The world is on the brink. Lack of resources, illnesses caused by polluted air and water, crime on the rise, war. Governments and companies promise remedies through technological progress. Drones and humanoid robots replace humans in the public sector, everything is interconnected, surveillance has become omnipresent.
Richard Nolan is one of the few journalists openly criticizing this development. When he wakes up in hospital after an explosion and finds that his wife and son have mysteriously vanished, Richard realizes: he and his family have become more than just bystanders in a storm of rivaling ideas pertaining humankind’s salvation between dystopian reality and digital utopia. Instead, they find themselves right at the center of it.
This domestic drama evolves into a thriller about a worldwide conspiracy, which at its core aims to determine the fate of humanity: Could a perfect digital utopia be the answer? A virtual paradise not affected by material needs and quarrels? Could a super-AI be our savior – or would it simply declare us as dispensable since it could not be taught the value of philanthropy?
What will the world look like after this storm, what will remain of humanity?
- Experience an alarmingly realistic vision of the near future
- Dive into a multi-layered Sci-Fi thriller, where dystopian reality and digital utopia are intertwined
- Unravel a global conspiracy in a society of ubiquitous digitalism, surveillance and transhumanism
- Explore a world with a rich and unique visual style, combining realistic environments with low-poly characters
- Take on the role of journalist Richard Nolan, as well as five additional playable characters
- Use dexterity, deductional skill and research to reconstruct Richard's past
- Supports Tobii Eye Tracking: Delve even deeper into the augmented reality dominated world of State of Mind with expanded eye tracking features
Reviews“From start to finish we were hooked […] If you're looking for something to make you think and keep you guessing along the way, check this out.”
9/10 – Gamereactor
“It kept me glued to my screen like it was a TV show I was binging. Like Blade Runner, it left me reeling with questions and conspiracies as only a thrilling adventure that examines what it means to be human can do.”
9/10 – Dualshockers
“State of Mind is one of the best games this year.”
4/5 – Comic Book
State of Mind is a futuristic thriller game delving into transhumanism. The game explores themes of separation, disjuncture and reunification, in a world that is torn between a dystopian material reality and a utopian virtual future.
Steam Kiwi is a Steam news aggregator.
We capture all game news on Steam, sort by date and present a list of news you are interested in based on games you own.