Recommendations: 8917 / Metacritic: 69
Released: May 3, 2016
Developer: Gearbox Software
FREE PVP TRIAL AVAILABLE NOW!
A tremendous band of badass heroes fight to protect the universe’s very last star from a mysterious evil in this Hero Shooter by the creators of Borderlands.
App changes last updated 23 hours ago / News last updated 10 hours ago
PLAY FOR FREE NOW!The Battleborn Free Trial grants unlimited access (no time limits or level caps) to epic 5v5 multiplayer battles in this Hero Shooter by the creators of Borderlands.Experience a weekly rotation from 30 of the most unique cast of heroes ever assembled. Love a hero? Permanently unlock and customize your favorites via in-game purchases, or upgrade to the full game to unlock all 25 original launch heroes and the Battleborn PvE story mode, or the Season Pass to unlock all 5 post-launch heroes and story operations.All progression from the Free Trial, including player profiles, Hero stats and masteries, will carry over to the full game and Season Pass if purchased. For any individual Hero purchases you have made you will be refunded the in-game currency value of those Heroes when upgraded to the full game or Season pass.
MultiplayerBattleborn’s team-based competitive multiplayer action can be experienced by up to 10 players online in 5v5 matches, and includes three distinct multiplayer modes.
- Incursion: Teams of heroes must defend their base from waves of AI-controlled minions while working together alongside their own minions to destroy their opponent’s base.
- Meltdown: Teams of heroes must guide their minions as they march to their death at the center of the map. Points are scored for every minion who throws themselves into the incinerator, and the team with the most points wins.
- Capture: Teams of heroes face off in a fast-paced death match and must capture and hold objectives on the map to win.
- Face-Off: Battle and exterminate Varelsi to collect their masks and score points, while balancing between helping your team collect masks and preventing the enemy team from doing so. All the while, the Varelsi get tougher including arena boss battles.
Persistent Progression System:
- Character Rank: Each hero can permanently rank up from 1 to 20 outside of missions and matches, allowing players to swap out augments in their helix skill tree, as well as unlock skins.
- Command Rank: Players can rank up their own player profile, and loot that can be used to benefit any hero the player chooses to command.
- The Peacekeepers are sworn protectors of Solus
- The Eldrid are preservers of the natural order of the universe
- The Rogues are mercenaries only concerned with their own survival
- The Last Light Consortium (LLC) are war profiteers, exploiting others for their own gain
- The Jennerit Empire rule others by force, valuing power above all else
Battleborn Heroes:Battleborn has a deep roster of 30 playable heroes and no two are the same. Every hero has their own personality and comes equipped with their own unique weapons and powers.
Helix System:Battleborn’s accelerated character growth system allows players to level-up a character from 1 to 20 and fully experience each hero’s unique weapons and powers in a single story mission or multiplayer match.
E3-Every Kind of Badass - PEGI
GamesCom - PEGI
MP Reveal - PEGI
Story Trailer- PEGI
Battleborn Bootcamp Trailer- PEGI
Steam Kiwi is a Steam news aggregator.
We capture all game news on Steam, sort by date and present a list of news you are interested in based on games you own.