Game created by Unlok and released April 22, 2016 . 2 DLCs have been released, the last on February 1, 2019.
App changes last updated 8 months ago / News last updated 2 months ago
Detailed DescriptionWayward is a challenging turn-based, top-down, wilderness survival roguelike.
In Wayward, there is a large focus on simulation, survival and openness. There are no classes; there are no levels. Progression of your character depends on individual skill and stat gains by your interactions with items or objects in the world. You are free to play and explore the game in any fashion you wish.
Wayward will continue to grow, expand, and evolve over time to open up new modes of play, add depth and complexity, add content, and further refine the systems presented. You are free to come a long for the ride as we try to make this game a truly unique experience through our iteration and through your feedback.
Wayward's key features:
- 5 distinct environment types to explore – all generated procedurally.
- Over 450 items to craft, discover and interact with.
- More than 40 creatures and animals to combat and harvest.
- Sandbox game mechanics mixed with roguelike gameplay and heavy inventory management.
- Deep, multi-faceted skill system with over 25 skills.
- Open-ended and open-world gameplay.
- Online multiplayer with optional PVP mode.
- Optional permadeath (hardcore), or respawning (casual) modes.
- 15+ hours of content and gameplay before reaching the “end-game”.
- Day and night system.
- Choose from the following game modes: hardcore, casual, challenge, or custom.
- Modding and Steam Workshop support.
- Play in turn-based (default), simulated turn-based (multiplayer only), or real-time modes.
- Character customization.
- Dynamic reputation and difficulty system.
- Ability to rollback to the last 25 versions or play the latest development build of the game before public release via Steam.
- Iterative game design and community feedback driven.
Reviews“All crafting and survival buffs, just cross out the rest of your weekend now.”
Jay is games
“Wayward, a graphical roguelike with echoes of Ultima Online, Dwarf Fortress and Minecraft. Which means: Survival! Crafting! Treasure! An ace chiptune soundtrack! And lots of other things worthy of !s”
“It's already very impressive though, with plenty to see and do.”
Rock Paper Shotgun
You awake to discover yourself no longer in the company of good men or a fine seafaring vessel. Treasure... you remember something about treasure. Wayward is a challenging turn-based, top-down, wilderness survival roguelike. Explore, build, and most importantly survive in these unforgiving lands.
Steam Kiwi is a Steam news aggregator.
We capture all game news on Steam, sort by date and present a list of news you are interested in based on games you own.