Game created by YGGDRASIL STUDIO and released September 16, 2015 . 8 DLCs have been released, the last on January 21, 2019.
App changes last updated 2 days ago / News last updated 23 hours ago
OverviewAs a hospital coordinator, Ga-yeon fell in love with a doctor at the hospital she was working in and they had an affair even though the doctor was a married man. When the director found out, she was fired. For over a year she tried to find another job, but her mental uneasiness eventually made her give up and she became a recluse.
A year later, in the spring of 2013, her younger sister, Hye-na, and her first love Yunwoo come to her.
A story about the dark side of today’s youth and serious life events happening around Ga-yeon.
- The basic mechanism is based on a Kinetic Novel.
- The episode is adult content. The program contains Violence, Blood, Strong Sexual Content, Nudity, Strong Language, Use of Tobacco, Alcohol Reference. Not recommended for Children, Seniors or Pregnant, Feeble-Minded Person.
- You will be moved on mostly through Ga-yeon’s point of view and the Archives will be also helpful for you to understand the whole story.
- Basically you don’t need to be directly involved – just watch, read, listen, and feel it.
- However sometimes, you may be required to do something to collect some records or scenes.
- Discouraged Workers is played automatically. You can toggle this function.
- A Korean-based densely-plotted story with the gloomy theme.
- The short but intense 120+ minutes, with the real soap opera-like directing.
- The animation-style hand-drawn sprites & CGs, and backgrounds based on retouched real pictures.
- Archives contains 90+ records(Characters and Concept, Diary, Gallery, Music, and Replay).
- 30+ Steam Achievements, full Steam Trading Cards series, Steam Workshop, cross-platform auto-cloud sync with Steam Cloud.
- Full Controller Support, Steam Controller support.
- Blind-friendly support.
- SlideDB 2016 AOTY TOP 50
- EMOTIONAL GAMES AWARDS 2016 Nominee
- SlideDB 2015 AOTY TOP 50
- Greenlit on Steam Greenlight
- The second Adult Only title on Steam
- Very first released for Adult and TEEN version on Steam
- Very first native Steam Controller support in Korea, Republic of.
- Funded with Tumblbug
- Participated in the FUCK CAPITALISM JAM(#FuckJam2k15)
- Amazon Top 100 selling Indie Games PC Games #12, Mac Games #4
- IndieGameStand Top Sellers #1 -TEEN version
- itch.io Top games #51, Adventure games #7, Android adventure #1
- SlideDB Popular Games #1(2 times), IndieDB #11, ModDB #45
- App Store iPad Top Paid Educational Games #2, iPhone Top Paid Adventure Games #10, Top Paid Educational Games #1 in Singapore -TEEN version
- Google Play Top Paid Adventure #20 in India, Top New Paid Adventure #7 in Korea, Republic of., Top New Paid Adventure #20 in 8 countries -TEEN version
Lee Yunseok: Directing, Design, Programming, Music, Sound, Writing, UI Design, Backgournd CGs, Object sprites, Packaging, Movie, Website -From April 21, 2013
chibilis studio: Animation, Character Sprites, CG Sprites -From March 10, 2015
Brian Connors: English Translation Adviser -June 3, 2015~July 1, 2017
Ga Younghee: English Translator -April 11, 2015~June 10, 2016
IVY: Chinese Translator -July 25, 2016~February 10, 2018
Roman Koledin: Russian Translator -August 28, 2016~December 7, 2017
Oscar Ballona Centeno: Project Leader in Spanish, Spanish Translator -From May 29, 2017
AxelBodga: Spanish Editor -From May 29, 2017
Yisus: Spanish Translator -From May 29, 2017
Adam Patric Kratz: Epilepsy Adviser -November 15, 2015~November 20, 2015
YANG: Male sprites, CG sprites -April 8, 2015~September 13, 2015
Jeon Junsik: Unofficial Demo Sprites -January 5, 2015~February 25, 2015
Kyle Fawcett: English Demo Translation Adviser -June 3, 2015~June 14, 2015
Thank You Letter
ACOC, Aiman Sharul, Axel Mertes, Bgame, Brandon Tanimoto, Brian Connors,
BRISAK Kim Doohyeon, cheif.choi, Choi Irang, Choi Jihye, clôture, Danielle Bell,
Edward N Puckering, Gary King, Gwak Jaeryeol, Han Ihyeong, Hoe Namyoon,
Hong Eunki, Hwang Daehoon, Hyojoon, James Emmerson, Jeong Dongwon,
Jeong Wookjin, Jeong Yoonsoo, Jianmin Zhang, Karina Schulze, Keira Val'Azr,
Kim Hanseol, Kim Hyeoncheol, Kim Jaeseong, Kim Jeongwoong, Kim Myeongwook,
Lee Changki, Lee Eunji, Lee Gunhae, Lee Hyejin, Lee Jaewi, Light Twins, Lim Jisoo,
Maddy Wootton, Marshall Proudfoot, Mirumu, Mojaeng, Oh Hyeonjun, Park Hyeonjun,
Park JoonKoo, Rewind, Sander Tieleman, srwss, Sung Chanaul, YottaCho, Zerial.net
Christopher Rice, George Winston, Kim Sooyoung, Lee Illseong, Pixabay, Shin Haechul,
So Reyeon, Tom Rothamel, Valve Corporation
This work was created by you. Yours Sincerely,
Lee Yunseok, Creator of YGGDRASIL STUDIO.
Reviews“Depression and anxiety aren’t often well-represented in gaming. Enter Yggdrasil Studio’s VN to offer a glimpse behind the veil.”
“The extremely dark atmosphere and realism make for an interesting departure that's pretty far removed from what you'd normally expect out of a visual novel, and it's worth giving a try for that alone.”
“This game, despite its frustrating design, will hit unemployed or underemployed millennial gamers right where it hurts. It’s a satirical take on Korean soap operas, but the plot — powerlessly navigating a sluggish economy with debt and a useless degree — feels distinctly American as well.”
『Discouraged Workers』 is an independent progressive kinetic novel created by YGGDRASIL STUDIO. The episode is the fifth in the Project DW series, a satirical story based on the popular Korean soap operas-styled plot. It compares Ga-yeon’s bleak everyday life to the dark side of youth.
Steam Kiwi is a Steam news aggregator.
We capture all game news on Steam, sort by date and present a list of news you are interested in based on games you own.