Void Destroyer 2
Game created by Iteration 11 and released September 22, 2016 .
App changes last updated 3 weeks ago / News last updated 20 hours ago
Start with barely a ship, end with an empire.
Void Destroyer 2 is currently a work in progress (including this page) - with Early Access started in September of 2016 and a planned Release in 2019.
What's the hook? What's unique?Like in most space sandbox games - in Void Destroyer 2 you start with a single ship then work your way up in the world. What's unique - a single ship isn't the end, the dominance of all you can see is. Your first ship is just a step on the path to a massive fleet, from tiny fighters to massive capital ships. Your thirst for power doesn't have to end there, you'll own bases and territory, hard won from their original owners. Use them to build fleets to expand and conquer. From a tiny fighter, easily destroyed, to a immortal space god! That's Void Destroyer 2.
What will you - the player - be doing?
- Do easy "milk runs" in your starting ship.
- Upgrade it and buy better ships to do more dangerous assignments.
- Hire temporary wing men, then start building your fleet via buying additional ships.
- Leave fighters behind, upgrade to a gunship, then a corvette, then a frigate, and beyond. As your power grows, so do your opportunities.
- Fight from the cockpit or bridge of your ship and command your forces via a tactical interface.
- Branch off into trading and mining, take over a asteroid field and be paid for your protection, or be a ruthless pirate demanding ransom and taking cargo.
- At some point, the only way to grow your strength will be by taking things from others. Capture ships and build up a fleet capable of taking a base.
- Owning a base expands your power even further, you can now direct your forces from it, no longer are you tied to a single ship or fleet.
- Use your base to build defenses, and ships - soon you'll have more than one, and after that you'll have them all.
Void Destroyer 2 is a space sandbox game set in a desolate asteroid field. These are dangerous times with many opportunities, for the explorers, the brave, the cunning, and the ruthless.
Chose the path of a mercenary protecting transport ships. The path of a pirate, preying on the weak. A bounty hunter who will settle scores for a price. An entrepreneur, starting your own business as a trader or miner. Become a tycoon with others working for you, protect your assets by assigning escorts.
The path to domination isn't always a straight one, if you fight hard enough, smart enough, nothing will stand in your way.
As your wealth grows you'll upgrade your ship, then purchase new more powerful ones. Eventually being able to build up a fleet of combat and non-combat ships. What's a fleet without a way to tell them what to do? Void Destroyer 2 has a built in real time strategy (RTS) control method optimized for controlling multiple ships and fleets.
Void Destroyer 2 is inspired by classic sandbox games, but is also a response to them:
- Open sandbox for you to explore.
- Fly any ship - from small fighters to huge carriers (that you can dock with! and they can build and launch fighters!).
- Multiple control methods. From direct flight to capital ship oriented schemes.
- Made for the PC (not consoles) and for PC gamers. Learning curve and challenges ahead.
- Build up a fleet.
- Own multiple ships? Easily give them orders via a RTS control method.
- Own multiple ships? Easily switch direct control from ship to ship.
- Time dilation (slow down time) - make time for decisions and tactics.
- Missions and events.
- Conquer territory and own property - asteroid fields, bases and platforms.
- An engaging story line, with unique missions and boss battles.
- Be a pirate, demand ransom and cargo. Raise your pirate rep through following up on threats.
Void Destroyer 2 emphasizes combat, tactics and strategy, with battles ranging from one on one to fleets versus fleets. With a simple, manageable yet engaging economy and offers loads of freedom to the player on how to play and who to play as.
Reviews“The main draw for Void Destroyer 2, other than its great aesthetics, gameplay, and openness is its current development position. As it stands within the week of its early access launch, Void Destroyer 2 is a very solid and fun game, but the knowledge that it is only going to get bigger and better the longer it is out and the more people buy it, makes this game a worthy investment of time. The dev is extremely open and active, and this instills great confidence in the ability to bring this game to its true potential.”
All you have is a basic ship, barely fit for combat, with it you'll start your journey and empire. A space sandbox, inspired by the classics and standing on their shoulders.
Steam Kiwi is a Steam news aggregator.
We capture all game news on Steam, sort by date and present a list of news you are interested in based on games you own.