Crest - an indirect god sim
Game created by Eat Create Sleep and released March 8, 2018 . 2 DLCs have been released, the last on August 4, 2015.
App changes last updated 1 day ago / News last updated 20 hours ago
Detailed DescriptionWelcome to Crest, an indirect god sim where the only way to interact with your followers is by issuing commandments written in a pictographic language.
How these commandments are interpreted and remembered is not set in stone. What you communicate and what experiences your followers have with the environment is the basis for their religion. Over time, commandments can develop different associations and completely change their meaning. After all, your followers still have free will and will sometimes do what they think is best for them, regardless of what you had in mind.
Consequences of your actions may not always be clear and you will need to be aware of the ever-changing environment and your people's disposition, amongst others their disposition towards you. Expressing yourself is the key of Crest; you will do so through your people and the world they shape.
- Explore the high-concept of religion by building your own
- Interact with your followers solely by issuing commandments using a pictographic language
- Sandbox-style gameplay: set your own goals and how much you interfere with the world
- Progress by unlocking new words, increasing the complexity of your commandments
- Observe how your followers evolve as a result of your decisions
- Oversee a world where weather, vegetation, mineral deposits, drought and animal behavior will create surprises
- Customize your games with various amounts of resources, animals, islands and overall island quality
- Express yourself in a game without end-goal nor winning condition, allowing you to purely focus on building your legacy in a world where you are the god of everyone
- Built in Twitch support: let viewers join cities and vote on commandments to help or disrupt your plans
Progression and LosingEvery new world you start is unique and will write its own little stories. If all your followers die, that world is gone forever. However, you will still be able to view the legacy of your previous worlds. As long as your people live you can continue playing and further shape your own history by creating more and more complex commandments with newly unlocked words.
SettingCrest is an Afrofuturist game that reimagines how humanity arose in the cradle of humankind on the African continent. It's a historical themed game that tries to emulate an advanced iron age civilization that could have existed a few thousand years ago. The setting for the game world, its flora and fauna is based on African biomes, with rainfall determining the tug-of-war between desert, savanna and jungle.
Become a god in this indirect god sim. Influence and try to control your followers using commandments but beware, free will leaves these open to interpretation.
Will you create a flourishing civilization or lead them into cannibalism?
Steam Kiwi is a Steam news aggregator.
We capture all game news on Steam, sort by date and present a list of news you are interested in based on games you own.