Genres: Action, Adventure, RPG, Indie, Early Access
Recommendations: 1339 / Metacritic: 0
Released: February 6, 2018
Developer: Lavaboots Studios
Publisher: Lavaboots Studios
Salt is an open world island exploration game about discovery and loot! Pick a direction and set sail with friends or alone across a vast ocean filled with quests, merchants, ruins, epic loot, and pirates! Fish and relax on the sea, uncover secrets and lore, and discover new gear during your adventure.
App changes last updated 2 days ago / News last updated 7 hours ago
Immerse yourself in an ocean adventure and set sail across an infinite world exploring uncharted islands, discovering mysterious places, going on epic quests, relaxing on the sea, upgrading your ships, discovering pirates and other characters, and looting hundreds of rare items throughout your adventure!
- Complete the main quest or one of over 50 side quests filled with lore and secrets to earn rare loot.
- Go on adventures with your friends, sail the seas, and trade rare items you discover throughout the world.
- Discover ancient ruins, cultists, merchants, pirates, and more.
- Relax and sail towards the sunset or explore new islands. You are free to set the pace and go anywhere you want.
- Find huge ships and decorate them to make them your home at sea.
- RPG-style loot system with item rarities and hundreds of weapons, armor, resources, and mysterious items.
- The world is procedurally generated and limitless. Set sail on the ocean and explore an infinite amount of islands.
- Use the in-game map to chart the islands you come across and make note of rare loot or places you discover.
- Hunt wildlife or fish on the open sea.
About Lavaboots Studios
Lavaboots Studios is a small indie game company of three members that is founded based on a purpose rather than a product. Have you ever played a game that gave you a feeling? If you have, then you know exactly what we are talking about. It's something that sticks with you for the rest of your life. It is our mission to create worlds that inspire adventure and forge an unforgettable journey.
Reviews“It’s a properly lovely game to play. Calm, gentle and yet still letting you hit plate-faced pirates with an axe.”
Rock Paper Shotgun
“The true beauty of the art and environment lends itself to the feeling of freedom Salt offers.”
Power Up Gaming
“It’s hard to ignore how beautiful the world of Salt is, and the act of sailing around on your own is strangely peaceful.”
Steam Kiwi is a Steam news aggregator.
We capture all game news on Steam, sort by date and present a list of news you are interested in based on games you own.