Recommendations: 7523 / Metacritic: 88
EVE Online game
Released: December 15, 2010
EVE Online is a vast, community-driven spaceship MMO where players can play for free, choosing their own path from countless options. Experience space exploration, immense PvP and PvE battles, mining, industry and a thriving player economy in an ever-expanding sandbox.
Increased Skill Injector Flexibility Coming On May 23rd
May 19, 2017
Hello skilful Capsuleers of New Eden!
With the changes to PLEX now deployed and the market now stable, today we’d like to tell you about another small improvement we’re going to be making on May 23rd, this time relating to Skill Trading.
Moving PLEX towards a more granular, and ultimately more flexible design got us thinking about doing the same for Skill Trading. Originally, we aimed to set the size of Skill Injectors and Extractors in a way that kept them small enough to trade conveniently, but large enough to represent a meaningful amount of skill points. We think we hit the latter goal well, using Injectors feels good. However, with a minimum price tag of around 650 million ISK, injectors can feel out of reach for many players, especially those early in their careers when a little boost here and there goes a long way.
With that in mind, we’re going to introduce a new type of Skill Injector that will be one fifth the size of a current injector, bringing Skill Trading into a more reasonable price range on the market for newer players.
How does this work?
Here is a summary of what’s changing in bullet point form:
- Renaming of the current Skill Injector to ‘Large Skill Injector’
- Introduction of a new injector called ‘Small Skill Injector’
- Adding right-click option to break Large Injectors into 5x Small injectors or combine 5x Small Injectors into 1x Large Injector
- Using a Small Skill Injector will award a maximum of 100,000 skill points and will give the following amounts, depending on total SP on the character using the Injector:
- For characters with less than 5mil SP: 100k SP
- For characters with 5mil – 50mil SP: 80k SP
- For characters with 50mil – 80mil SP: 60k SP
- For characters with more than 80mil SP: 30k SP
That’s pretty much it!
We hope you enjoy having a bite-size skill trading option and as always let us know what you think in the comments.
Other EVE Online News
We’re happy to announce that the winter expansion, EVE Online: Lifeblood, will be deployed next Tuesday during a slightly extended downtime.
EVE Online - 2 days ago
- 2017/10/24 - Extended Downtime!
2 days ago
- Dev Blog - Mining Ledgers!
October 18, 2017
- Sapphire Sungrazer SKIN!
October 17, 2017
- Fanfest 2018 - Tickets Now On Sale!
October 16, 2017
- EVE Online's biggest scammer tells us his secrets
October 14, 2017
- EVE Online - 10% Off Prime Bundle Available!
October 13, 2017
- Everything you need to know about EVE Online's next expansion (and beyond)
October 12, 2017
- EVE Online s free accounts getting to fly bigger ships
October 9, 2017
- EVE Online's free-to-play program is going to get a lot more generous
October 6, 2017
- You will lose both hands How the biggest theft in EVE Online history ended in death threats
September 29, 2017
- EVE: Valkyrie Warzone blasts off, making VR optional
September 27, 2017
- EVE Valkyrie - Welcome To The Warzone!
September 26, 2017