Recommendations: 167 / Metacritic: 74
Milkmaid of the Milky Way game
Released: January 4, 2017
Developer: Mattis Folkestad
Milkmaid of the Milky Way is a classic point-and-click adventure game in rhyme that combines an exciting story with puzzles and exploration. What happens when a young milkmaid sees an alien craft in a fjord in 1920's Norway?
Deep in a fjord, a girl and her bovine,
Western Norway, nineteen-twenty-nine.
This is a story from Calf Ledge,
a small farm perched on a mountain edge.
It's 1920's Norway, and you play as Ruth, a young woman who lives alone on a remote farm at the end of a faraway fjord. You take care of your cows and make delicious dairy products that your friend sells in the closest town. But the dairy business is not going so well, and life on the farm is lonesome and hard. And at nights mysterious things keep happening to Ruth and her cows, making Ruth wonder: Is this the life she wants?
Then one day a giant, golden ship descends from the sky, forcing Ruth out on a journey that will change her life.
Milkmaid of the Milky Way is a story about moving into the unknown, breaking free from the past, it's a story about age, life, death and time - but most of all it's a story about finding your own place in the universe.
- A lovingly crafted universe with hand-painted backgrounds combined with old school pixel art
- An exciting, intriguing story filled with wonder
- 2-3 hour playtime
- All dialogue and game text written in rhyme!
- Good pacing, not tooooo difficult
- 6 Steam achievements
- English, French and Norwegian languages
- Autosave and custom save games
- Four earth-based cows
- Absolutely no microtransitions, loot boxes or pay to win :)
- Lovely, original soundtracks - mp3 files included for free!
- Made with passion by one guy from Norway
Reviews“Milkmaid has humour, warmth and food for thought - and is an excellent start to 2017's games.”
8/10 – PC Gamer Sweden
“an easy recommendation for fans of the point-and-click adventure genre.”
9/10 – Platformalist
“The Best Mobile Adventure Game You’ll Play This Year”
5/5 – IdigitalTimes