Recommendations: 870 / Metacritic: 0
Released: May 31, 2016
BallisticNG is an anti-gravity racing game developed as a love letter to the original Wipeout trilogy. It's fast, technical and has a large focus on modding with the same tools used to create the official content.
- 13 tracks set in unique locations
- 13 teams and a lineup of super fast drag ships
- 14 pickups to damage others and protect yourself
- 7 gamemodes (Race, Time Trial, Target, Speed Lap, Survival, Knockout and Eliminator)
- A (still work in progress) singleplayer campaign with many events to challenge your skill
- Two player splitscreen with dual-monitor support
- A thumping 90s inspired soundtrack featuring 28 tracks spanning across Techno, Jungle, Neurofunk and Drum and Bass
- Accurate emulation of early 3D rendering with additional options to make the game look more modern
- A fully fledged ship importer with all the variables you need to tweak your custom ship to perfection
- An indepth layout creator with external tools built for Unity allowing you to create custom tracks with ultimate freedom
- A C# modding API to create your own gamemodes and weapons
PhysicsBallisticNG recreates the physics of a time long gone. Playing the game is all about getting into the zone and becoming one with the ship, practicing every nook and cranny of every track until you can do it with your eyes closed. Feeling the speed isn't about what the HUD tells you, but how the environment swooshes past you and timing the right maneuvers at the right time to keep the flow going. If you're looking for a quick game, lower speed classes provide you with a more laid back experience. You can even disable weapons if you want a good clean race.
Looking for a challenge? Enable hyper mode for some over the top uncontrollable speed to really push your skills to the limit.