Recommendations: 279893 / Metacritic: 0
You're one of the few not yet turned zombie. Keeping it that way will be a challenge.
- Go in guns blazing and attract the attention of everything, living and dead.
- Take a subtle approach sneaking around and making use of distractions.
- Confront and learn to counter special abilities ranging from invisibility to fire breathing to lightning attacks.
STRUGGLE AGAINST NATURE
Zombies aside nature does plenty to make life hard.
- Forage wild fruits and vegetables.
- Hunt animals for pelts and meat, or in some hostile environments become the prey.
- Fish for food and garbage.
- Plant a crop and make sure it gets rain.
- Seek warmth and take shelter from blizzards.
DEAL WITH OTHER PLAYERS
Friend or foe there's a lot of interesting people online.
- Arrest bandits with handcuffs and blindfold them as a non-lethal strategy.
- Fight with every kind of weapon under the sun - swords, machine guns, snipers, missiles, landmines - you name it.
- Raid enemy encampments using charges and detonators and steal their loot.
- For pure PvP play arena mode in a last man standing battle to the death, or PvE for peaceful cooperation.
- Roleplay servers encourage everyone to stay in character and tell a story together.
HELP THE NEW SOCIETY
Plenty to do even if you're offline or going solo.
- Meet, talk and trade with NPCs.
- Complete quests to aid NPCs and progress the story.
- Fend off waves of the undead to clear hordes.
- Secure airdropped supplies.
- Gear up with gasmasks to scout radioactive deadzones.
FORTIFY YOUR STRONGHOLD
Somewhere to kick back and chillax or a hideout to direct your gang, whatever floats your boat (in this case sometimes literally).
- Build with barricades, furniture, traps, machinery and more.
- Board up the windows of existing structures to survive the night.
- Craft an entirely new structure from supplies you collect.
- Turn your vehicle into a moving fortress by building on it.
TRAVEL BY LAND, AIR AND SEA
Roll out in style with a fully stocked garage.
- Land vehicles including tanks, quads and snowmobiles.
- Air vehicles from helicopters to seaplanes to fighter jets.
- Sea vehicles such as jetskis and hovercraft.
- Maintain your vehicles with tires, batteries and fuel.
EXPLORE MASSIVE WORLDS
With 5 officially developed and 1 curated community created sandbox map there's a wide variety of locations to discover:
- Prince Edward Island (PEI)
- The Yukon
From the ground up Unturned was designed for modding.
- Download player created content ranging from guns to vehicles to huge levels from the workshop, and upload your own.
- Build custom maps using the in-game level editor. All of the official maps were created with the same free public tools and their assets are open for you to use.
- Write plugins using built-in or strong third party systems.
- Get your apparel and skins upvoted in the workshop for consideration to be accepted and sold.
- Team up with other modders and put together your own update for consideration to be officially adopted.
I think these features are neat and they didn't fit anywhere else. There's many more I want to include but for brevity's sake:
- Most objects can be destroyed to create new pathways.
- For immersion you can pick a frequency and use two-way radios to communicate with your squad rather than external voice chat programs.